Brand New Kit

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Alan Morrison

Alan Morrison

Aquilo kit from the Beaufort Ink stable just out. An excellent kit which uses the same tube, bushes and drill bit as a couple other of their kits.
Bog Oak with Kirinite ends. Wish my photography was better.
IMG_3009.JPG

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Darios

Ditto ditto.

Sometimes it helps a sale too. I had one the other day where the guy asked for one that didn't 'make his hands smell like metal', so I steered him away from the diamond knurl he was looking at and on to a Cyclone with it's fully plated nib.

I saw on the UK forum that you used silver for the separators? How is that to work with?

Kcimdrib

Hi Alan great Pen like everything about it. As for your photography just seems to need more light. I use a cheap small light box £15 Amazon and most times use my phone camera with flash switched on.
But your work speaks volumes.

Alan Morrison

I saw on the UK forum that you used silver for the separators? How is that to work with?
I have a neighbour who is a silversmith and he helps with converting the silver into rings....one of two ways......using a jeweller's punch it is easy to punch out the correct size of ring and he is able to melt down the waste..... or buy lengths of flat top silver, bend to shape and solder. This involves no waste.
I use 2-part epoxy when glueing everything onto the tube and as it is a pretty soft metal turning is simple.

Alan Morrison

Hi Alan great Pen like everything about it. As for your photography just seems to need more light. I use a cheap small light box £15 Amazon and most times use my phone camera with flash switched on.
But your work speaks volumes.
Mike, many thanks. I have a digital camera ( no smart phone ) and have a couple of the lights that came with the same sort of cheap light box that you mention. I somehow have misplaced the light box itself, or else my wife tidyed it away and forgot where.
My son arrives from Australia for a months holiday next week who will sort me with a smart phone that takes good photographs. I see a lot of excellent photographs posted that all seem to be taken on a smart phone so I'm hoping that my photography will improve dramatically.
Someone mentioned about a led ring that attaches to a phone/camera as a handy light.
Do you know anything about that?
Alan

Kcimdrib

Yes I think it works like a ring flash on a SLR camera it should give shadow less lighting. I don't have one just use the built in flash on camera.
Just keep it simple you could spend a fortune, Best spend it on Pen Kits.
My light box as two simple LED strip lights built in.

Alan Morrison

Yes I think it works like a ring flash on a SLR camera it should give shadow less lighting. I don't have one just use the built in flash on camera.
Just keep it simple you could spend a fortune, Best spend it on Pen Kits.
My light box as two simple LED strip lights built in.
A photographer friend told me about the ring light, but from memory it was less than £10. Anyway I'll see how my trip down smart phone highway fares.

KMCloonan

Aquilo kit from the Beaufort Ink stable just out.
I received an email this past week from Beaufort Ink that showcased the Aquilo - I liked how the kit looked, so I visited the Beaufort Ink Site to see it up closer. I really do like this, but it's pricey to ship over from the UK. I checked Turners Warehouse here in the states - it's where I get my other Beaufort kits - they don't have the Aquilo yet, but I plan to keep checking back.

Beautiful Pen Alan - the combination of Silver, red and black (bog oak) is perfect. Thanks for sharing.

Alan Morrison

I received an email this past week from Beaufort Ink that showcased the Aquilo - I liked how the kit looked, so I visited the Beaufort Ink Site to see it up closer. I really do like this, but it's pricey to ship over from the UK. I checked Turners Warehouse here in the states - it's where I get my other Beaufort kits - they don't have the Aquilo yet, but I plan to keep checking back.

Beautiful Pen Alan - the combination of Silver, red and black (bog oak) is perfect. Thanks for sharing.
Thanks Kevin. If you e-mail Phil at Beaufort Ink he will let you know when the Aquilo will arrive in TW.
I have done quite a bit of segmenting Bog Oak but it's always a nervous time turning it.

Top Bottom