Brain fart

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mick

I keep one if those small magnetic parts tray on top if my headstock. I use it to put bushings in as I take them off the pen. I was making a Sierra last night and left the bushings in the tray when I finished. Today I planned in making several slimlines so I got the bushings out and noticed the Sierra bushings still in the tray. When I picked them up then weren't stuck to the tray... scratching my head here and I'd already had coffee too! I drop them un the tray even push then around.... stil not sticking. ???
I just stand there a second... poke it em again... nope still won't stick. Weird the slimlines were sticking... poked at em again, same result. Then the lightbulb clicked on, I turned around and went back to the house for more coffee. Did you guess it yet? I forgot most of my newer TBC bushings are STAINLESS. Sheeesh!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Mortalis

Yep, I figured they were made from some non-magnetic substance but I did not think they would have been Austenitic stainless. Expensive and rather difficult to machine material for the 'lay' person.

More4dan

I was thinking made of aluminum. Get you some 400 series stainless vs 300 series and they will work with your magnetic tray.

Top Bottom