Bracelets

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from jalbert

jalbert

Here are some Argentium and sterling silver bracelets I've recently made. I like to work on jewelry occasionally, as it provides good practice in soldering and other metalsmithing techniques that I use in my penmaking.
C828F343-9997-4F0D-A7E2-C004A0D754B2.jpeg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jalbert

Nice work John! Are these done with individual rings like chain maile?
Yeah, they are. These are "loop-in-loop" chains. Unlike chain maile though, the rings are soldered , then woven together.

Below is another chain I'm working on making a clasp for, and it's more like standard chain maile, where the rings are soldered after being joined together.
11750832-CC0C-4ACB-80CD-4B53FF17E11A.jpeg

rixstix

Did you draw the byzantine through a plate, rolling mill or other? Just curious. There's quite a few chainmailler's that want the look but expect it with butted, not soldered chainmaille.

jalbert

Did you draw the byzantine through a plate, rolling mill or other? Just curious. There's quite a few chainmailler's that want the look but expect it with butted, not soldered chainmaille.
Rolling mill to even it up and square it, then file each side with the chain secured to a board to get more crisp edges. If I had a draw plate with large enough holes , I'd probably use that

Last edited:

rixstix

That's a really nice piece that sets the byzantine weave off to a new level. Most just accept that look is only capable in the mass produced market by high dollar machines.

Top Bottom