bowling ball fountain pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from darbytee

Status
Not open for further replies.

darbytee

This is a platinum Jr Gent fountain pen in green bowling ball material. I got the blank from Sheila (POC). The finish is TSW and looks much better in person than it does in the picture. As always, thanks for looking.

200532017572_bbfp.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

darbytee

Follow up fountain pen question. Have you all found a certain demographic that buys fountain pens? I can't recall seeing anyone use one in a long time. This was the first one that I've made, but I have several more of the kits.

wayneis

Fred thats nice work as usual. Follow up question for you. How do you like turning BB blanks? Did you buff them? Sorry thats two questions.

Fountain pens, well I don't sell many and I think that every one that I have sold has been to a pen collector. In fact the Jr. Statesman filigree fountain pen that I just did was one that a collector ordered from me. That was an exciting pen to make because I had to use two kits and really had to do some tricky turning because the cap blank had to be so thin I was afraid that I would end up either cutting or sanding through to the tube.

Wayne

darbytee

Wayne, I personally love turning the bowling ball material. It's more forgiving than acrylic and doesn't catch as easily and it finishes beautifully. I didn't buff this pen, but I usually do and may end up doing it with this one. I wet sanded down to 2000, then used EEE wax and CA before 1 coat of TSW.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom