Bow grips to fountain pens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Teacher

These are the 2nd & 3rd fountain pens that I have turned. The first was a trial and was exactly like these. They were all made out of Ebony and there is a small story behind them. I taught Ind. Arts for 32 years and was retired when I got word that my school was going to close down the shop program due to not being able to find an instructor, so after 6 years of retirement I told them I would fill in for a year. One of the jr. high students I had that year got involved in archery. Turns out, he got pretty good at it and won the Silver medal in the 2016 Olympics. Originally, he wanted a c;ustom bow grip made out of Ebony and that he had the wood. So I told him I would give it a try (first time working with Ebony), anyway I got it done and he loved it and then he turned around and wanted to know if I could make a couple of fountain pens for him and his girlfriend. You will have to forgive me on the pictures, photography is not my skill.
ebony fountain pen.JPG bow handle2.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Impressive in all aspects. The Ebony pieces are beautiful and knowing that a former student would return asking for your help is a honor all by itself. You made a lasting impression on this young man. Good on you!

scroller777

Great story, the best projects are the ones that have a story behind it. Everybody wins
Nice work

Top Bottom