Bourbon Smoker

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from bmac

bmac

Probably the last item of the year, a Christmas gift for Daughters friend. He enjoys having a smoked bourbon with me when he visits, so I decided to make him one. The wood is Cherry with a buffed out sanding paste finish. I also made a storage box to hold it and the wood chips in. The screens for the wood chips can be found on Etsy, https://www.etsy.com/listing/1323385946/cocktail-smoker-dome-replacement-screen. The tin containers I found at Hobby Lobby and they can be found on Amazon.

Attachments

• Bourbon Smoker storage box.jpg
    Bourbon Smoker storage box.jpg
    239 KB · Views: 62
  • Bourbon Smoker storage box2.jpg
    Bourbon Smoker storage box2.jpg
    313.9 KB · Views: 58
  • Bourbon Smoker.jpg
    Bourbon Smoker.jpg
    152.1 KB · Views: 62
  • Bourbon Smoker2.jpg
    Bourbon Smoker2.jpg
    113.8 KB · Views: 58
  • Bourbon Smoker3.jpg
    Bourbon Smoker3.jpg
    159.6 KB · Views: 59
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

bmac

Thanks for the comments, they are appreciated. Chipper, for us Bourbon drinkers, we pour a shot of the Bourbon of choice in a glass, with or without ice, place the smoker over the top of the glass.
The tin containers hold wood chips, in this one, Oak, Pecan, Cherry, and Maple. Put some of the chips of your choice in the strainer and light
using a torch lighter. Once the chips are lit and burning good, place the cap on the smoker, smoke filters down into the glass from the holes and is infused into the Bourbon. After a few minutes, remove smoker, give the glass a little swirl and enjoy. It adds a unique woodsy flavor to the Bourbon.
I'm pretty sure someone in the cocktail business came up with the idea, tried it, liked the flavor it added to the drink and figured they could double the price they could charge for a drink.

Bobby
Louisiana

Top Bottom