Bought a new snowblower...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Herb G

Yep. You read that right. My wife & I bought a new snowblower on Tuesday.
It will be delivered tomo. (Friday) Pretty quick service.

Now why would someone buy a snowblower in August?
Because the price of them went up already at 2 stores, so we got it for $100 less while we could. Our shoveling snow days are behind us.

We bought an Ariens because it the only one still made in the USA.
It came with a 3 year no fault warranty, and we got an extra 3 years from a special promotion on top of it.
The gear case has an unlimited lifetime warranty on it to boot.

It may sound silly to buy a snowblower in August, but not really when you think about it. Especially when you save $100 doing it. :biggrin:

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

CREID

I heard the Farmers Almanac said it might snow a little here in Vancouver. WA. this winter. Looks like were in for a cold one. Might be 7 or 8 days below freezing, at night anyway.:eek:

mecompco

I have an old 33" Ariens I got off Craigslist. It is a beast. Starts every time and moves some snow (love the chains!). Last winter was pretty mild here in Maine, the year before was horrendous. Hoping for another mild one!

Regards,
Michael

Herb G

While I was at it, and getting free s&h to boot, I ordered some tire chains for it and some shear pins. I figure it's better to have shear pins & not need them, than need them & not have them.

It had to be sent to a local dealer to be assembled, and they are going to deliver it directly. I don't want my neighbors to see it, or they'd be lining up when it snows to beg me to do their driveways, etc.
I called the local shop today & asked it be covered when they deliver it tomorrow.

These snobs around here still haven't introduced themselves, and we've been living here 13 years now. They need not ask me for squat come winter time because the answer is NO!
I have never had worse neighbors in my whole life, & I've lived in many places. I had to sue my next door neighbor 5 years ago because their dog got out & attacked me & my dogs too. In my own backyard.
Needless to say, they didn't like it when they lost not only the lawsuit, but their home owner's insurance on top of it.

They really got upset when I told the judge I'd kill their dogs if they ever came on my property again. I am not by nature a violent person, but I still have the right to defend myself.

The judge agreed & warned them not to let their dogs loose again. :)

EBorraga

Passed Away July 17, 2022
In Memoriam
While I was at it, and getting free s&h to boot, I ordered some tire chains for it and some shear pins. I figure it's better to have shear pins & not need them, than need them & not have them.

It had to be sent to a local dealer to be assembled, and they are going to deliver it directly. I don't want my neighbors to see it, or they'd be lining up when it snows to beg me to do their driveways, etc.
I called the local shop today & asked it be covered when they deliver it tomorrow.

These snobs around here still haven't introduced themselves, and we've been living here 13 years now. They need not ask me for squat come winter time because the answer is NO!
I have never had worse neighbors in my whole life, & I've lived in many places. I had to sue my next door neighbor 5 years ago because their dog got out & attacked me & my dogs too. In my own backyard.
Needless to say, they didn't like it when they lost not only the lawsuit, but their home owner's insurance on top of it.

They really got upset when I told the judge I'd kill their dogs if they ever came on my property again. I am not by nature a violent person, but I still have the right to defend myself.

The judge agreed & warned them not to let their dogs loose again. :)

I think everyone battles their neighbors. I had a major battle with mine about working in my garage at night. Needless to say he lost the battle :) Something about firing a racecar up at 4am everynight for 2 weeks :)

mecompco

Sorry to hear about your neighbors! Mine are great. Well, the guy across the street is a friend, the other ones live in Philly and only come up two or three times a year for their vacation (I make $400.00 a year mowing their lawn) and the next folks down the road are my Mom, sister and BIL. It's great living out in the woods!

If they're not willing to pay handsomely, I'd tell 'em to pound sand as well regarding their snow. :biggrin:

Regards,
Michael

stonepecker

I buy snowblowers in April or May when they are on sale. Not really, but I deal on them like they are. I usually look at lawnmowers in Nov or Dec. Just the way I have always been.

I tend to help my neighbors. Most of them are my age (63) or older, and we all can use help at one time or another. If I have a problem, I start by trying to talk to them. We usually can get things under control.
But to each their own.

Charlie_W

Good deal on the Ariens! It will serve you well!

Got mine about 5 -6 years ago....a compact 24 model. Man will that thing blow some snow!
Such a huge improvement over my little old 2 cycle blower!
I freely help our good neighbors and friends.

Fortunately, in my area at the western edge of the Smokeys, our heavy heavy snows amount to about 4 inches and I can just stay inside a few hours until it melts... and with only gravel driveways, no need for a snow blower.

randyrls

Yep. You read that right. My wife & I bought a new snowblower on Tuesday.
It will be delivered tomo. (Friday) Pretty quick service.

I bought my snowblower some years ago at a similar Labor Day sale. I measured the box before I laid the money down. It just fit in my Subaru station wagon. When wheeling it outside, the store helper looked skeptical, but I assured him it would fit, and it did with about 2 in to spare!

All my neighbors help each other :) When it snows, the first one out does all the sidewalks. It's pretty easy, just walk behind the blower, go up the street, and come back. We had a 30" snow storm last winter and I did about 6 of my neighbors sidewalks. I did Joe's driveway too. He is getting on in years, doesn't have a blower.

Gently; To have good neighbors, be a good neighbor.

JimB

i don't have a snow blower but it may be about time i bought one. each year it gets a little bit harder to shovel. I have been fortunate that most of the time, if we have a big storm, one of my neighbors will come over with their blower and do my driveway. Some of my neighbors hire snow plow guys with trucks.

One year we had a really big storm and the street plow had already come though so not only did we have about 24"+ of snow but also what the city had plowed in front of the driveway. None of our neighbors were out but my wife and i were shoveling. One of those snow plow guys, after he did the driveway he was hired to do, pulled up and told us to step aside. In just a couple minutes he had most of the driveway cleared. I tried to pay him but he refused, told us to have a nice day and drove off! He saved us about 2 hours of shoveling.

tomtedesco

Great purchase. Sorry to hear about your neighbors, have 9 neighbors in my cul-de-sac and they are all great. We watch each others house while on vacation and have cul-de-sac BBQ's.

terry q

Used to have an alcoholic living across the street. He didn't work so you never knew what to expect any time of the day. My favorite was him beating on his front and screaming at his wife to let him in. She was at work. If he had turned around he might have noticed the car gone.

Have good neighbors now.

campzeke

I used to have a Kubota tractor that I used to grade the gravel roads on my property. I also graded my neighbors private road just because it needed it and no one else had the equipment. Not one of them ever said thank you. One day after a heavy rain the road was a mess so once again I spent a couple of hours moving the gravel around and repairing the road as best as I could. The next day, one of the neighbors called and left a message on my phone complaining because I did not grade her driveway to her satisfaction. I didn't respond .... at least not verbally but that was the last time my little Kubota ever saw that road.

bobleibo

For years I fought the urge to buy a snowblower, figured shoveling the drive and walkway was the only outside exercise I'd get during the winter. I finally gave in and now I have a blast doing the sidewalks for every house on my block, it gets me outside - except for the jerk who plays his drums at midnight and lets his dogs bark non-stop while running the neighborhood. I'm at 5,000 ft. elevation and against a mountain so we get our fair share. The neighbors are great and I end up with tons of baked thank-you goodies every time it snows which I give to my skinny friends to sabotage their diet!! (except for the fudge). Golfing is a little tough, especially finding the ball.
Cheers

Attachments

• Utah golf.jpg
    Utah golf.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 97
Last edited:
Top Bottom