Bottle Stoppers

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from KCW

KCW

Hi everyone, I am curious what you all think about these bottle stoppers. I am just now starting to sell the things I make and would like some opinions. Don't hold back, let me have it.

DSC_0088.jpg

DSC_0089.jpg

DSC_0126.jpg

DSC_0127.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
Those look nice. One good thing about bottle stoppers is that there is no wrong shape.

I can't tell if those are chrome or stainless, but I highly recommend only using stainless, especially if you are planning to sell them.

magpens

I like your bottle stoppers very much !! You should have no trouble selling them. What blanks did you use .... they look like Lava blanks from ElMostro.

Reactions: KCW

KCW

Those look nice. One good thing about bottle stoppers is that there is no wrong shape.

I can't tell if those are chrome or stainless, but I highly recommend only using stainless, especially if you are planning to sell them.

They are stainless and it is a good thing there is no wrong shape, because if there was, I would find it.

Fay Prozora

First of all those are beautiful! When I made mine I used the chrome stoppers for mine so I will not sell those but I just gave my SIL a couple of them. I didn't want to sell them to her only for her to be unhappy with wine staining them and such. I told her things like that can happen and she said she might use them in her Olive oil bottle. Maybe she will show them off and I could get orders for some now that I'm making my own blanks and such. I don't think you will have any trouble with selling those as they are so pretty and shiny.... Fay

KCW

I'd say something nasty to really let you have it, but can't think of a single criticism... no such thing as a wrong shape, your castings are spot on... love them... I guess worst thing I can say, glad you're not in my market competing with me.

Thank you for the kind words.

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member

They are stainless and it is a good thing there is no wrong shape, because if there was, I would find it.

By the way Dan - have you checked the list of "Losers Train Winners" yet???

KCW

YES!!! I knew being a loser would pay off one of these days. I don't really understand what I won, but it is awesome anyway. The prize is from you Ed?

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member

YES!!! I knew being a loser would pay off one of these days. I don't really understand what I won, but it is awesome anyway. The prize is from you Ed?

I thought you might enjoy looking it up :wink:
Your prize is going out today - I sent you a PM with the tracking #
Have fun
Edgar

endacoz

I've sold them for $20-25. I'd love to hear what you sell them for. I'd like to make a variety and take them to wineries and see if we can come to an agreement....

KCW

I've sold them for $20-25. I'd love to hear what you sell them for. I'd like to make a variety and take them to wineries and see if we can come to an agreement....

Like I said, I just started, but I have sold some for $20 and $25 also. I also have considered taking them to the wineries around here, to see if they would be interested. I don't have a big enough inventory to do that yet though.

Top Bottom