Bottle stoppers

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Dalecamino

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Bethlehem Olive wood and Dyed Spalted Burl. These might be a little tall for a fridge shelf. Whatchya think?

Attachments

• IMG_1333.jpg
    IMG_1333.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 327
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Jim Burr

Banned
Pretty cool Chuck!! You can always use them for vinegars and oil too! I haven't had good luck with friction polish wearing well on stoppers, they roll around, get handled a lot. Since they're small...CA works good too.

rsulli16

hi
Chuck if you are concerned about height, check out Capt Eddie on youtube, he recently did a bottle stopper with the metal cone, recessed inside the turned top. very cool., i am going to try one soon myself. i always thought the ones i made would never fit inside a fridge either.
Sulli

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Pretty cool Chuck!! You can always use them for vinegars and oil too! I haven't had good luck with friction polish wearing well on stoppers, they roll around, get handled a lot. Since they're small...CA works good too.
Thanks Jim. Yeah, I've used CA in the past, and like it. These are for my cousin, who does not like CA on wood.

hi
Chuck if you are concerned about height, check out Capt Eddie on youtube, he recently did a bottle stopper with the metal cone, recessed inside the turned top. very cool., i am going to try one soon myself. i always thought the ones i made would never fit inside a fridge either.
Sulli
Yeah, I've seen those Sulli. Considered it, but not sold on them yet. I may try one some day. Thanks!

sbarton22

hi
Sulli
Yeah, I've seen those Sulli. Considered it, but not sold on them yet. I may try one some day. Thanks!

I can't seem to find an example. Maybe I'm misunderstanding what it might be.

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader

I must have passed over that one 20 times. Thanks!

I've made a few of Ruth's stoppers. I'm curious how Capt'n Eddie is going to get enough leverage on that stopper to get it fully screwed in. Ruth's stoppers are dead on and make a seriously nice fit.

Thanks for sharing, because that give me a bunch of ideas!
You're welcome Scott. Yeah, he must have over 150 videos, as they are numbered. Have fun.

I like the shapes and finish Chuck. If you're concerned about height, why not just scale them down. They'd look cool about half that size.
Thanks Robert. I'm really not a stopper guy, but I'm learning more as I go. I made these with my Woodchuck Pen Pro. But yeah, I think less material is the answer. I appreciate the help.

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Nope, once the bottle is open the stopper just keeps the flys out.
I don't use them, I just make them for others. :biggrin:

That olive wood is very pretty!

And I really like the color of the dyed one.

I have two BOW blanks, but haven't cut into them yet.
Thanks. You might as well go ahead and turn them. I really like the way it cuts, and it turns really slick, and smooth.

Top Bottom