Bottle Openers

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from jeff

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
I made about a dozen of these bottle openers for gifts this year. Handle is about 4.75" long. I finish them with sanding sealer and beeswax. This one is Jatoba. Quick to make and giving them to a beer drinker with a 6-pack is a big hit.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Jatoba-Opener.JPG
    Jatoba-Opener.JPG
    22 KB · Views: 440
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Great looking, Jeff!!

We sold those at some craft shows. Created FUNNY conversations.

Picture a kid, 7 or 8 years old, walking with mom. Kid sees these and says to mom, "What are those things, mom??" (Remember the kid has never seen a bottle that was not twist cap or a can that was not pull-tab).

Mom usually thought for a few moments, then, almost always, she would say, "Oh, that's an ol'fashioned CAN OPENER!"

I would watch the kid, look up at her as if to say, "How in the heck does that open a CAN??"

Once in a while, I would mention this to the mother--usually they got an LOL out of it!!

Mostly, those who drink imported beer will need one----your friends have good taste!!

Merry Christmas!!
Ed

Jim Burr

Banned
Ha!! Great idea. A little trick I do on mine is drill a 1/4" hole and put in a RE magnet so it hangs on the fridge...no self respecting beer drinker puts his opener in a drawer!!

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
Ha!! Great idea. A little trick I do on mine is drill a 1/4" hole and put in a RE magnet so it hangs on the fridge...no self respecting beer drinker puts his opener in a drawer!!

That's a good idea. I have some of those magnets around here somewhere.

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
Great looking, Jeff!!

We sold those at some craft shows. Created FUNNY conversations.

Picture a kid, 7 or 8 years old, walking with mom. Kid sees these and says to mom, "What are those things, mom??" (Remember the kid has never seen a bottle that was not twist cap or a can that was not pull-tab).

Mom usually thought for a few moments, then, almost always, she would say, "Oh, that's an ol'fashioned CAN OPENER!"

I would watch the kid, look up at her as if to say, "How in the heck does that open a CAN??"

Once in a while, I would mention this to the mother--usually they got an LOL out of it!!

Mostly, those who drink imported beer will need one----your friends have good taste!!

Merry Christmas!!
Ed

Merry Christmas, Ed!

It's not a cheap gift when you consider the beer :biggrin:

hard hat

I have made them for all my good friends and use one in my own kitchen. They work really well and are a great investment for anyone.

ALA

Nice job Jeff. I bought one from Woodcraft (on sale) the other day but haven't turned it yet. I'm thinking about drilling a hole through the end of the handle and putting a leather string through it to hang it by.

Top Bottom