Book Cart I made for my church

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from jj9ball

jj9ball

I know, I know, I didn't use a lathe on this at all. Once in a while a person gets the urge to do flat work. This is a cart I made from walnut and walnut burl veneer for my church. They wanted something that would hold bibles and hymnals to move them around the church. The wheels are rated for 1000lbs... even Bibles aren't that heavy :eek:. The bookmatch burl panels on the side were supposed to look like a cross. It looks a little more like a ghost... oops. I finished it with BLO and my own mixture of poly and mineral spirits. I put a coat of wax on top of that for good measure. Comments both good and bad are always welcome. Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• IMG_5790.jpg
    IMG_5790.jpg
    206.1 KB · Views: 231
  • IMG_5801.jpg
    IMG_5801.jpg
    183.9 KB · Views: 177
  • IMG_5797.jpg
    IMG_5797.jpg
    206.6 KB · Views: 219
  • IMG_5810.jpg
    IMG_5810.jpg
    178.7 KB · Views: 189
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Hawkdave

I know, I know, I didn't use a lathe on this at all. Once in a while a person gets the urge to do flat work. This is a cart I made from walnut and walnut burl veneer for my church. They wanted something that would hold bibles and hymnals to move them around the church. The wheels are rated for 1000lbs... even Bibles aren't that heavy :eek:. The bookmatch burl panels on the side were supposed to look like a cross. It looks a little more like a ghost... oops. I finished it with BLO and my own mixture of poly and mineral spirits. I put a coat of wax on top of that for good measure. Comments both good and bad are always welcome. Thanks for looking.

That is a magnificent job you have done.

I shouldn't think you would get any bad comments at all.:biggrin:

Well done!!!

Dave.

Top Bottom