Bondit?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

pshrynk

I just saw this clear plastic adhesive that is cured by a UV pen light. A friend used it to fix some glasses that had broke. It felt like a hard finish but had some flexibility. Has anyone used this to finish a pen? I would be curious how it polishes up. It's a 2 part epoxy. Thoughts?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dehn0045

the first time I encountered UV cured resin was this ring making video:

He is using Aluma-UV which is an Alumilite product, not sure if it is the same stuff.

It seems like it polishes up pretty nice, but a clear and smooth application to begin with is probably important. I'd bet somebody has tried it on a pen, curious to hear the results so will follow along with this thread and see where it goes...

jttheclockman

Look through the threads here and you will find many many topics on this. I believe Tony has done intensive studies on this. There are many utube videos on this stuff. Another tool in the tool box. Give it a try and let us know your findings.

TonyL

Thanks JT.

Several members and I have done the research (THAT DOESN'T MEAN THAT YOU SHOULD NOT EXPERIMENT - not yelling, just emphasizing :).
This a UV cure resin. I have tried Solarez and some others. I have not been impressed given the CA's use of use and consistency.

Bob inf SF has had success with Alumi and the right lighting to cure.

Search the IAP site for UV Cure and/or Solarez (it is pretty recent) and you can see what others have experienced.

PS. I also ask my dentist what he uses LOL

tomas

I have had this same thought. I bought some of it last fall and have used it for several repairs, but not for finishing. I thought it might be good for filling voids and chip-outs. I like it for general use though.

Tomas

jttheclockman

Solarez That was the name of the stuff that was getting looks here. Could not remember it. Just type that in the search box and you will see some of Tony's replys and findings as well as others that played with it. The one thing I took from them was the light source is very important. Let us know what you find if you decide to play around with this type finish.

Top Bottom