Bolt OSB

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from keithbyrd

keithbyrd

Bolt action with OSB - Made 6 of these for a customer - excuse the picture - quick shot with my phone before customer took pens! Picture doesn't really show but CA finished and high gloss!

Attachments

• Bolt.jpg
    Bolt.jpg
    176.2 KB · Views: 490
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Jimos

Very nice. Haven't made one of these yet, but the blanks are ready, tubes inserted. Now just need to find a little turning time.

D.Oliver

How did you turn the OSB? What kind of tools? I tried it once and didn't have very good luck. I thought about having some stabilized to see if that would help, but never got back to it.

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
How did you turn the OSB? What kind of tools? I tried it once and didn't have very good luck. I thought about having some stabilized to see if that would help, but never got back to it.
It's turned on this neat thing we call a lathe. :wink: It has a motor and, a switch which turns on the power. :wink::biggrin: Stick around!! :biggrin:

D.Oliver

It's turned on this neat thing we call a lathe. :wink: It has a motor and, a switch which turns on the power. :wink::biggrin: Stick around!! :biggrin:

Interesting! I'm going to have to look into these so called lathes!:biggrin:

keithbyrd

The stuff is pretty flaky! I glued 2 1/2" pieces together. Turned it round, soaked it with thin CA, let set overnight, turned with skew and sharpened twice for each blank. Blew up only one blank. Go easy make light cuts with sharp tools.

Top Bottom