Bolt Actions Pens.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from wm460

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

robutacion

Bolt Actions Pens 1
I cant remember the type of timber but it came from my mate George (robutacion)]

G'day Mark,

It would be a good habit, if you look at the blanks' end grain (one end) and look at the identification number written on it, and note it down, somewhere...!:eek::wink::biggrin:

That blank is from my old #29 Lucerne tree wood. There were 2 types of wood in that old tree, some very hard and colourful wood near some parts of the tree bark and the rest of the wood that made for 90% of it, where the wood had spalted and transformed into this lighter colour soft wood with some dark brown strips from the spalting. A quite different spalting than the one seen in most other trees but, this was never suppose to be a tree but a http://www.penturners.org/forum/images/smilies/biggrin.gifshrub/bush that was planted as cattle food, as the story explains, here and then a bowl I made for the tree owner, from that same tree wood, here

I still got some of that wood cut into pen blanks but since, I cut another Lucerne tree from the local Golf course boundary fence line, here 003p.jpg

For this reason, both woods are still about...!:)

Cheers
George

wm460

Tennant Creek, Northern Territory, Australia,0860.
Bolt Actions Pens 1
I cant remember the type of timber but it came from my mate George (robutacion)]

G'day Mark,

It would be a good habit, if you look at the blanks' end grain (one end) and look at the identification number written on it, and note it down, somewhere...!:eek::wink::biggrin:

Cheers
George

I did have this written on a note in my pocket and the wife washed it.:eek::eek:

robutacion

Bolt Actions Pens 1

G'day Mark,

Cheers
George

I did have this written on a note in my pocket and the wife washed it.:eek::eek:

Hahahahahahah, off-course mate, blame the wife...!:eek::wink:

Seriously, you are one of many that asks me if I can identify a particular blanks used on a pen, as they forget to look and keep a not of its identification, this is particularly crucial to those that buy the large mix packs (80+ blanks, one of each wood species) from me because they want to learn/try/experiment with my woods and then decided which ones they like the most for further orders.

The advice I give them is to, put a small white board in the workshop, easy to reach and see, use it to write any notes for later use, works better than pieces of paper or or, bits of wood...!:eek::biggrin:

PS: Or, don't forget to look for any letter near the number, they are important to identify the exact blanks you used...!

Cheers
George

Top Bottom