Bog oak pen blanks

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Twvaman

Hi all, Im back again and I have for sale Irish bog oak pen blanks.
Bog oak comes from the midlands of Ireland.
Size: 3/4 x 3/4 x 6inch.
Blanks are dry and have no cracks.
Price for 5 blanks - $20.00 plus $5.50 for postage.
Payment through PayPal.
Delivery from Ireland to USA takes 5-7 working days.

I have this bogoak carbon dated from queens university Belfast. A copy of the results will be giving with each purchase. (4464bc +/- 9 years or later).

Here is my last tread from a few weeks ago.
http://www.penturners.org/forum/f158/irish-bog-oak-pen-blanks-6500-years-old-157209/

Attachments

• A985C9E7-C80E-48A7-9972-2710B7CAAF9B.jpg
    A985C9E7-C80E-48A7-9972-2710B7CAAF9B.jpg
    180.3 KB · Views: 341
  • 667540D8-A4FD-452B-9D28-8B3EBB921C72.jpg
    667540D8-A4FD-452B-9D28-8B3EBB921C72.jpg
    231.3 KB · Views: 340

magpens

I have bought some of these blanks previously and made some very attractive pens of various designs from them. Will buy more in the future. . Because they are 6" long, you can easily get two single-barrel pens out of one blank.

Last edited:

Twvaman

I have bought some of these blanks previously and made some very attractive pens of various designs from them. Will buy more in the future. . Because they are 6" long, you can easily get two single-barrel pens out of one blank.

Have you got any pics of them, would be interested in seeing them.

indytruks138

I would love a set as well. The idea of 6,500 year old wood is just amazing!
Edit- I'm interested in 10 total blanks.

Last edited:

magpens

Have you got any pics of them, would be interested in seeing them.

Actually, I have given them all away to my Irish inlaws ! . They love 'em ... li'l bit of the old sod !! . No pics ... sorry.

But I will be making more. . Will try to get some pics.

PMisiaszek

Bog Oak pen pic

The pic shows my first bog oak pen. I've turned three, and I find the wood very easy to turn. I did not try to do a high gloss finish because I wanted to show the texture of the wood. I sanded it to 400, which still left open grain. I finished with several coats of CA and buffed with hard carnuba. The end result looked great and the Irish friend I gave it to was thrilled. I would add that MIke is a great guy to deal with.

Attachments

• IMG_0545.jpg
    IMG_0545.jpg
    121 KB · Views: 255
Last edited:

Twvaman

The pic shows my first bog oak pen. I've turned three, and I find the wood very easy to turn. I did not try to do a high gloss finish because I wanted to show the texture of the wood. I sanded it to 400, which still left open grain. I finished with several coats of CA and buffed with hard carnuba. The end result looked great and the Irish friend I gave it to was thrilled. I would add that MIke is a great guy to deal with.

That's a nice looking pen.

Timber Ripper

Received my blanks.
It just amazes me to hold and feel something in my own hands that was once a living thing approx 6500 years ago. I cant wait to turn it into a pen with a story.
Thanks again Michael

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom