Blue Resin and Maple Burl

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Dannv

Dannv

This was my first try at combining resin and burl. It has a blemish in the finish where, after it was done and polished a small spot in the CA sank into a spot in teh wood I hadn't filled. Strangest thing. I could put the cap back on a mandrel and fix it, but I am not likely to try to sell my prototype, so I'm not worried about it. The cap does not post. The pen really feels good in my hand.

Jowo #6 nib. This took about 25 hours to make. The next two I'll get around to posting took between 22 and 24 hours each. So, a slow project, but fun and I get more enjoyment for the cost of materials than I would for a faster pen.

dffp-1a.jpg
dffp-1c.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

KMCloonan

Very nice! I like the blue resin against the brown/tan of the burl. Very nice looking fountain pen. It's hard to believe it's your first. Thanks for sharing!

Dannv

Very nice! I like the blue resin against the brown/tan of the burl. Very nice looking fountain pen. It's hard to believe it's your first. Thanks for sharing!
Only my first resin and wood. I have two more of them I'll post eventually. :) 1 is green and a more golden piece of butl and the other is purple and spalted hackberrry.

woodwzrd

I've looked at this pen about six or seven times now and love everything about it. The contrast of the blue to the maple is fantastic. Your finish, even though it may have a blemish, is awesome. I have no idea what your price point is on a pen like this but I would be thrilled to have a pen like this in my little collection. Thank you for sharing.

Penchant 4

This was my first try at combining resin and burl. It has a blemish in the finish where, after it was done and polished a small spot in the CA sank into a spot in teh wood I hadn't filled. Strangest thing. I could put the cap back on a mandrel and fix it, but I am not likely to try to sell my prototype, so I'm not worried about it. The cap does not post. The pen really feels good in my hand.

Jowo #6 nib. This took about 25 hours to make. The next two I'll get around to posting took between 22 and 24 hours each. So, a slow project, but fun and I get more enjoyment for the cost of materials than I would for a faster pen.

View attachment 345010View attachment 345011
Nice work, well conceived combination of materials.

Top Bottom