Blue Lapis TruStone Baron Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from JimGo

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimGo

OK, suggestions, comments, criticisms? Please, I'm open to constructive criticism!

The pen is a Baron kit with blue lapis TruStone (http://www.woodturnerscatalog.com/cgi-bin/shopper?preadd=action&key=239-0102 ). The TruStone was pretty easy to turn and finish. There's nothing on this; just polished it with the MicroMesh for Corian.

The pictures don't do the material justice; it's hard to see the gold streaks running through the lapis. My camera had a heck of a time focusing on the blank too, for some reason.

200553134555_Blue%20Lapis%20Baron%20-%20Closed.jpg

200553134618_Blue%20Lapis%20Baron%20-%20Open.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Old Griz

Passed Away Oct 4, 2013
In Memoriam
Real nice Jim... I have the whole set of TruStones and have to get on the ball and do one... that red jasper looks kind of neat..
As for the camera.. autofocus cameras have a problem focusing on high gloss items.. the reflection can cause them to want to find a flatter surface to reference too... I usually set my camera to manual focus and use a tripod when I have that problem.. takes a little more time but well worth it..

JimGo

Vern,
It doesn't feel that much heavier to me. I don't have an acrylic/PR Baron against which to measure it, either. Guess I'll have to add that to my list! (BTW, if my wife asks, I'm blaming YOU!) [:D]

Again, thanks for all the great comments!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom