Blue fountain

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Displaced Canadian

It's been a while since I made a fountain pen. I used a phoenix nib, made an ebonite section, and put an ebonite button on the top of the cap. The blank is one of my own and the metal ring is made from 6061 aluminum. I've been playing with casting blanks with more color at one end than the other because I think it looks good with kitless and closed end pens. I've also finally bought a book to start keeping some final notes in so when I go back to make a style I haven't in a while it's not like starting all over again. Now just to remember to write in the book...

Attachments

• blue pen 1.jpg
    blue pen 1.jpg
    155 KB · Views: 221
  • blue pen 2.jpg
    blue pen 2.jpg
    545.5 KB · Views: 208
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
I don't have a lot of pictures from construction. Here is a bad picture of the important bits taken on top of the pad that I keep my notes on during construction. I have found that writing down the size you are going to thread and the size you need to drill keeps you from making a particular mistake. It doesn't work to drill an 11mm hole and try thread it with an 11mm tap.

Attachments

• bule pen 3.jpg
    bule pen 3.jpg
    264.6 KB · Views: 173

TDahl

Very nice pen. I like the idea of notes. I have been using a Composition notebook two plan out my pen on the first page and then write down notes of the construction on the second page. I will also make not of any photos I take as well.

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Every time I start a pen I tell myself I'll keep good notes. When I go back and look at them months later it's clear I did not and thus begins the eternal question, "How did I do that?"
LOL! I remember having the pen, and pad at the ready. Goes something like this....I'll write that step down...wait...I'll go to the next step, and combine them. Focusing on what I need to do next, I didn't write ANYTHING down. Etc. Next thing I know it's too late. But isn't it more fun this way? Maybe next time.

Top Bottom