Blue coffee ground!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Jeepmiller09

Jeepmiller09

So I took the coffee bean idea and used old coffee ground s I think it turned out really cool looking and it smells like coffee! Also it gives the pen some texture! My only problem is I can't seem to get a scratchless finish epically any time there is black in the blank. I use the colored wet sanding pads that go from 600 to 12,000 I believe. I don't have a buffing wheel set up would that help?

Attachments

• DSC_0391.jpg
    DSC_0391.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 245
  • DSC_0389.jpg
    DSC_0389.jpg
    273.8 KB · Views: 240
  • DSC_0387.jpg
    DSC_0387.jpg
    113 KB · Views: 217
  • DSC_0388.jpg
    DSC_0388.jpg
    156.7 KB · Views: 219
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Skeels

I was thinkin about doin a coffee ground pen... Not a coffee drinker so I didn't wanna waste the money on coffee and let it go to waste. Looks great though! You're right, makes a cool looking blank

randyrls

Don`t see your scratches . If you want a high gloss finish , you will have to overcoat it with CA , but you will lose some texture . Looks good to me , so I would leave it as is .

Yes! I've done several blanks with grit inclusions. You have to apply heavy layers of CA to fill in the pits and smooth the grits.

OZturner

Excellent blank, Brian.
I love the thought that it gives off the Smell of Coffee.
As much as I love coffee, to me, it never tastes as good as it smells, especially, when it is being Ground.
Can I have mine with Cream, Please.
As long as the small pieces are not breaking off, I would leave it as it is.
If not then the buckets of CA is the way to go.
Congratulations,
Brian.

Top Bottom