Blue Casein Majestic

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from mrburls

mrburls

I haven't made many pens lately but this is a beauty. Made of vintage casein, blue striped color on a full size Majestic roller ball. This is one I will add to my collection unless the price is right.
Thanks for looking, Keith "mrburls"

Attachments

• DSC_9310.jpg
    DSC_9310.jpg
    173.9 KB · Views: 417
  • DSC_9318.jpg
    DSC_9318.jpg
    124.9 KB · Views: 331
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

vakmere

I'd keep it also. You can look at that pen longer than you will look at the money you'll get for it. Goes right in the curio cabinet with the others.

mrburls

I've never seen colored casein---heard they made buttons out of it, but this is a first.

COOL pen, Keith!!!

Yes Ed they did make buttons from this material. Also know as galalith in Europe.
Both stink just like the white casein most of us are use to turning.
This blue material is from about the 1920's I'm told.
Keith "mrburls"

TonyW

The blue casein goes well with the chrome, and the small amount of gold trim nicely accents both. It is these colour combinations which form part of my current learning curve!

Tony Wells.

OKLAHOMAN

I'v seen blue and green casein buttons on ebay, but this is a first for me to see other than white in a blank. I guess if you hunt long and hard enough there's no telling what you can find, truly a keeper.

jttheclockman

That is a very classy pen for sure. I too have never seen blue. I wonder if the imitation stuff can come in colors???

If you are thinking of selling or keeping, my votes is to keep it unless you have more to make others. :) Thanks for showing.

Terredax

Banned
I'm a sucker for blue, and that is definitely a beautiful pen.
Isn't casein made from milk?

brownsfn2

That is really nice. I bought some green Casein at one point and it is just beautiful stuff. I really like the blue. You did a great job with it!

If you have more I am sure you would have buyers for your material. :)

wizard

Keith, That pen is beautiful! That material with the components you selected give new meaning to Majestic! Awesome job! :)

Top Bottom