Blue and silver

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from jalbert

jalbert

Kicking around in the shop this week, I finished this pen up. I had this really nice blue/gray/black Chunk acrylic laying around for a while, so I figured I'd use it for something. Mid -size fountain pen (12.5mm diameter barrel), with argentium bands. I fabricated a roller clip from argentium as well. It uses a #6 jowo nib and is converter fed.
CEEA232F-FDE4-4EA9-A6F7-FD830E98BEC9.jpeg
3A9D2E22-5E2A-455D-822B-CE5FC6D9F188.jpeg
AD8E23D5-F050-4CD8-83DE-EAD22FB9A2B9.jpeg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Woodchipper

Outstanding. Do the forum members find much of a demand for FPs? What is the typical market/customer? FWIW, I live in SE TN, north of Chattanooga. Not sure of the potential market.

jalbert

Outstanding. Do the forum members find much of a demand for FPs? What is the typical market/customer? FWIW, I live in SE TN, north of Chattanooga. Not sure of the potential market.
As far as custom (kitless, bespoke, whatever you want to call them) pens go, fountain pens are exclusively what's in demand from my experience. In my 5 years doing customs, I've only ever sold 2 rollerball pens. The people willing to spend the $$$ are by and large, fountain pen aficionados. The majority of my sales are online.

magpens

Fantastic work, John !! . Your roller clip is particularly fascinating !! . I also appreciate your comments in the post directly above ... thanks.

FGarbrecht

Fantastic work! Love that roller clip and the silver work. I may have to beg you to let me apprentice in your shop. I've got a tub of Argentium, jewelers saws, torches, etc., but have been afraid to get started learning how to work this stuff.

jalbert

Fantastic work! Love that roller clip and the silver work. I may have to beg you to let me apprentice in your shop. I've got a tub of Argentium, jewelers saws, torches, etc., but have been afraid to get started learning how to work this stuff.
I've not found it to be much more difficult than sterling to work with. Quenching can cause it to crack, which I found out the hard way

Top Bottom