Blue Again

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from egnald

egnald

Hi All and Greetings from Nebraska,

I thought I would try something a little different tonight. It is a Blue Titanium Cigar kit from Bear Tooth Woods and I used a Birdseye Maple blank cut from a board I found at our local Menards store. To make it a little different I wiped it with Royal Blue food dye before doing my CA regimen. I think the slight curl and eyes along with the dye almost make it look sorta burl like. I think I might have liked it better pressed onto a Rhodium kit - well, maybe next time.

Regards,
Dave

Same Pen - Three Different Views:
IMG_1275 Cropped.jpg
IMG_1276 Cropped.jpg
IMG_1277 Cropped.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

magpens

That's rather attractive !!!! .... ( understatement !! )

I like it !!!! . Gonna hafta try it !!

Where was the "food dye" purchased .... ie. what kind of store ? .... Michael's perhaps ?

Last edited:

jttheclockman

These Blue titanium kits are starting to cover a wider range of kits. It is a cool looking kit I think and I think the blank goes well with it. I just bought a few Sierra style kits in the blue and I am working on a few blanks for them just to switch things up abit. Getting back to making standard pens is a quick way to get the feel of pen making again. Nice job all around with this one.

By the way I bet the unstained maple would look great too. Something about a light colored wood and that blue jump out at you. May want to try one.

JohnU

Those look good! I seen Exoticblanks had them and the Le Roi 37 ballpoint in the blue titanium but I haven't tried them yet. I was thinking a thin blue line blank might work with that finish. Thanks for posting! Your blue dye on that maple is a real eye catcher!

egnald

That's rather attractive !!!! .... ( understatement !! )

I like it !!!! . Gonna hafta try it !!

Where was the "food dye" purchased .... ie. what kind of store ? .... Michael's perhaps ?

It was Wilton brand, Icing Colors, Royal Blue, Concentrated Paste. It comes in a little 1 oz plastic bottle. I think I might have gotten it at our local ACE Hardware store where they have cookie sheets, candy making supplies, etc.

Dave

qquake

It's a beautiful pen, but I wonder if it would have looked better with a darker pen kit. I'm a big fan of contrast. I have a blue Cigar kit, and have been trying to decide what to pair it with.

Top Bottom