Blue acrylic fountain pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from jalbert

jalbert

I finished this fountain pen up over the weekend. This transparent blue acrylic I had was itching to be used, so I couldn't resist. I like these plain transparent acrylics because there's no hiding behind fancy patterns/material. They offer a good exercise in shape and design. I had the urge do do some knurling, so I drew inspiration from a couple of my favorite vintage pens: the Parker Duofold and Montblanc 139. I made the clip and bands from Argentium silver. I wanted to try some scroll engraving on the clip, which was my first attempt at both laying out and engraving scrolls. Definitely room for improvement, but I'm not mad at it, for a first try. The nib is a jowo 6.
3FC08F2E-258A-42A6-AAED-450204FEB90A.jpeg
F6F479C6-047E-4E20-AD83-EE3C350154C6.jpeg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
You really should follow your 'urges' more often ;). Beyond your typical excellence, I really like the thin 'hash lines' (pardon my lack of terminology) on the blue sections - a very nice touch.

Thanks for the inspiration. 👏👏

jalbert

You really should follow your 'urges' more often ;). Beyond your typical excellence, I really like the thin 'hash lines' (pardon my lack of terminology) on the blue sections - a very nice touch.

Thanks for the inspiration. 👏👏
Thanks Mark! That would be the knurling. I was quite pleased with how that turned out, since acrylic doesn't take knurling too well

Radu

How did you make that clip? I didn't know something like this could be DIY, I assumed some rather complex industrial processes are involved. Was that some sort of CNC machine? Did you do the design yourself? Great looking pen, but I really like the clip.

jalbert

How did you make that clip? I didn't know something like this could be DIY, I assumed some rather complex industrial processes are involved. Was that some sort of CNC machine? Did you do the design yourself? Great looking pen, but I really like the clip.
Thanks. I made the clip from thick silver wire that I rolled out, formed, and soldered to the clip ring. I engraved it using a hand engraver

Joebobber

I have a few guns you can practice scrolling on. I have an old remington model 12 peerless barrel, id love to have a reciever to match! Beautiful work.

Top Bottom