Bloody Basin Red Jasper with some Bling

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from jonjon

jonjon

Well here is my fist go at trustone. It is a bloody basin red jasper blank. Turning it was easier than I thought but polishing it up was a little more of a project. I ended with Mequiar's polish. It is mounted on a Venus pen kit. I like the kit but not sure it is enough to get the return on the investment. (got it during a group buy so it wasn't as bad as it could be.)

Anyhow, here it is.

Attachments

• tru stone.jpg
    tru stone.jpg
    238.9 KB · Views: 345
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

Nothing wrong with the looks and fit and finish look great. Return depends on what you want:):) Truestone polishes well. whenever I use them I use same method as any other finish on acrylics or CA finish.

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Beautiful finished pen. The blank is excellent, the kit is well matched and you did a fine job with the turning and finishing.

Trustone does present a few issues, but easily managed with a bit of experience. I love this blank and you finished it well. I also use Maquire's products and have been happy with the results.

Well done.

WarEagle90

Wow, that looks awesome. Now, the newbie question: What is trustone and where would one find it? Nevermind, Google is my friend. I found them.

Last edited:
Top Bottom