Bleached Wenge - Part 3

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Wmcullen

Wmcullen

IMG_8096.jpeg

I was curious what would happen if I wrapped a rubber band around wenge blanks and dropped them into bleach. This is the result.
Thanks for looking
-Cullen

Attachments

• IMG_8089.jpeg
    IMG_8089.jpeg
    374.9 KB · Views: 68
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Wmcullen

Great comments! Thanks!
@Curly That's a fun idea. I'll need to investigate it. ;)
@sorins I can see the tribal look... could be a fun idea to push further. Twisting the rubber band a few times might make more breaks in the pattern.
@gbpens Now I'm trying to figure out what materials will make a good blocking material. Rubber bands. Electrical tape? Hmmmmm. The wenge is a bit porous so the seal will need to be perfect for crisp edges. And it will need to come off easily since I won't want to do much sanding and undo the bleaching.

mg_dreyer

Here is another thought (and yes I have it on one of my 10 minute videos of you want to see it live). I have taken wenge and bleached it. Let it dry and steel wool it. Then I use GluBoost master tint over the pen (yellow) looks great. The white goes yellow and the dark stays dark. I love to see all the angles on the bleached wenge. Nice job. Bleaching black palm is also a great effect and bleached Purple Heart goes antique white.

Well done.

Wmcullen

Here is another thought (and yes I have it on one of my 10 minute videos of you want to see it live). I have taken wenge and bleached it. Let it dry and steel wool it. Then I use GluBoost master tint over the pen (yellow) looks great. The white goes yellow and the dark stays dark. I love to see all the angles on the bleached wenge. Nice job. Bleaching black palm is also a great effect and bleached Purple Heart goes antique white.

Well done.
As always... great ideas. Thanks Mark!

Top Bottom