Blanks from John U as a reward for the Slimline contest

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Hubert H

Hubert H

John sent me a box full of pen blanks. These were the result of the Slim Line pen contest. The blanks were ALL beautiful. The flag blank is for a Bolt Action pen kit. I didn't have one on hand so I tweaked it a little and used it on a Nouveau Sceptre. The feather blank is on a Gatsby. Quick question, where would you have put the stars on the pen? THANK YOU John and to all who made the contest possible.

Attachments

• IAP #!.jpeg
    IAP #!.jpeg
    225.3 KB · Views: 112
  • IAP #2.jpeg
    IAP #2.jpeg
    255.5 KB · Views: 110
  • IAP #3.jpeg
    IAP #3.jpeg
    267.4 KB · Views: 118
  • IAP #4.jpeg
    IAP #4.jpeg
    306.7 KB · Views: 117
  • IAP #5.jpeg
    IAP #5.jpeg
    245.8 KB · Views: 132
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Kenny Durrant

Congratulations on the win and nice work to all involved.
As far as the stripes go there are several opinions. Mine is that the top of the pen is the cap and the bottom is the nib. I like putting the stars at the top. A friend of mine says the business part of the pen is the nib. The stars always go first so if their not at the nib your retreating. Another way is it depends on if your right or left handed. Are the stars to the left when your holding the pen.

Hubert H

Congratulations on the win and nice work to all involved.
As far as the stripes go there are several opinions. Mine is that the top of the pen is the cap and the bottom is the nib. I like putting the stars at the top. A friend of mine says the business part of the pen is the nib. The stars always go first so if their not at the nib your retreating. Another way is it depends on if your right or left handed. Are the stars to the left when your holding the pen.
My wife wondered if the stars should have been off to the side of clip so they could be seen easier. I am amazed at how perfect John's blanks are. He sells them through ExoticBlanks.

Kenny Durrant

My wife wondered if the stars should have been off to the side of clip so they could be seen easier. I am amazed at how perfect John's blanks are. He sells them through ExoticBlanks.
I've not only seen Johns blanks I've turned a few. He does excellent work.
Back to the flag. I always try to leave the stars uncovered. My seams are usually at the top of the stars because that's where the bottom touches. I'll put the clip there to help hide the seam.

jttheclockman

I would put the stars to the right of the clip. John's feather blanks are some of the best on the market hands down. You did well.

mg_dreyer

His blanks are spectacular (and yes you can learn his technique at the Midwest Penturners Gathering next month - shameless plug).

Top Bottom