Blame It On Mal

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from DrD

DrD

Yup, that's what I did when my wife came into the shop and exclaimed "We're in a tornado warning, what in the h... are you doing?" Just had to get this one finished before things got really bad with the cruddy weather from Zeta after it hit the coast. Pics 1 and 2 show different sides of pen with refill retracted and then extended. Pic 3 shows the mechanism removed from the pen body.

Pen is BHW Titanium Gold Cigar. Timber is Honduran Rosewood. Finish is Mylands Cellulose Sanding Sealer followed by 2 coats Pen's Plus. No wax - yet.

Your comments serve to make me a better pen turner, so please . . .

DrD

Attachments

• IMG-0502.jpg
    IMG-0502.jpg
    379 KB · Views: 206
  • IMG-0503.jpg
    IMG-0503.jpg
    372.6 KB · Views: 196
  • IMG-0504.jpg
    IMG-0504.jpg
    394.8 KB · Views: 178
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Mr Vic

Good looking pen. Has the weather passed and has the lump on your head, where your wife smacked you gone down?

magpens

"Blame It On Mal"

"Your comments serve to make me a better pen turner, so please . . ."

..... NO COMMENT !! ... other than ........ Beautiful work, Don !! . . Happy to be your inspiration and "blame block" !!

In case anyone is wondering what Don's meaning is, you can take a look at my thread that inspired this SUPERIOR work by Don . . Here's the link ...

I take it that you survived the storm, otherwise you wouldn't be here this morning !! . Comforting to know that !! :D :D

DrD

Thanks all.

Mr Vic, thanks for the compliment! The damage was south of us as a result of a tornado on the ground; it was a dicey 30 mins or so as it appeared to be heading straight for us. Before reaching us it veered slightly northwest, and dissipated. As for the lump - well it's hard to distinguish that lump from all the others.

Thanks Mal!

Top Bottom