Blade conversion for Pilot G2 refill

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from SteveJ

SteveJ

I had cataract surgery a couple of weeks ago and agreed to be involved in a clinical test. That means I have been seeing the eye doctors a whole lot of times. I offered the to make pens for the two doctors and asked what they might like. Both requested click pens that use a Pilot G2 refill. I searched and found this thread which told how to accomplish a conversion to the Blade kit.

It was actually a very easy conversion! Thanks to those who contributed to that thread. I will be attempting the same conversion on a Sierra Super Button Click for the other pen - it uses the same click mechanism and can be shortened in the same way as the mechanism on the Blade.

This one is wrapped in Cocobolo with maple accents.

Blade cocobolo.jpg
Blade cocobolo 2.jpg
Blade cocobolo 3.jpg

After seeing the pictures enlarged I will most likely disassemble it and buff out the finish to get rid of the imperfections.

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

sorcerertd

Looks good. Funny you should post this as I was just thinking about some possible G2 conversions earlier today. In other news... isn't it amazing how a picture will show every single flaw you didn't see?

SteveJ

Looks good. Funny you should post this as I was just thinking about some possible G2 conversions earlier today. In other news... isn't it amazing how a picture will show every single flaw you didn't see?
Unfortunately yes. Since I'm recovering from cataract surgery I couldn't see well enough without the magnification. Looks like reading glasses are in my future!

builtbybill

Steve,

I am getting ready to do this conversion (or a similar one using one of these refills: Pentel EnerGel, Paper Mate InkJoy, Zebra Sarasa, or Pilot Juice). What, if any, modifications did you have to make to the nib assembly (nose cone)?

TIA,

Bill

SteveJ

Steve,

I am getting ready to do this conversion (or a similar one using one of these refills: Pentel EnerGel, Paper Mate InkJoy, Zebra Sarasa, or Pilot Juice). What, if any, modifications did you have to make to the nib assembly (nose cone)?

TIA,

Bill
I did very little to the nib, and I'm not sure I needed to do anything. At first I didn't shorten the click mechanism enough so I just barely enlarged the nib hole using a drill bit and just running it through by hand. After sanding a very small amount off the clicker (I used a dremel cutter for the first adjustment). It worked like a charm.

I am out of the shop until next week but when I am back I will switch to a different nib to see if enlarging the hole was necessary.

builtbybill

I did very little to the nib, and I'm not sure I needed to do anything. At first I didn't shorten the click mechanism enough so I just barely enlarged the nib hole using a drill bit and just running it through by hand. After sanding a very small amount off the clicker (I used a dremel cutter for the first adjustment). It worked like a charm.

I am out of the shop until next week but when I am back I will switch to a different nib to see if enlarging the hole was necessary.
Thanks for the information, I hope your recovery goes well.

Top Bottom