Blackwood Baron

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Scott

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scott

I thought I had ought to prove I can still turn a pen! This is a Platinum Baron fountain pen in African Blackwood. CA finish. This was a commission from a gentleman in Texas, and will go out to him in the mail tomorrow. He wanted a Fine nib, and I was quite pleased with how the replacement nib went together. I wish I could take a better picture. I didn't expect to find chatoyance in blackwood, but this is an amazing piece of wood! I picked it up a while back from Ryan at Woodturningz. Comments are welcome.

Scott.

20051073838_pen1.jpg

20051073943_pen2.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
Looks like you haven't lost your touch, Scott. That's a beautful piece of African blackwood, a great job turning and a beautiful finish!

PenWorks

Very nice Scott, glad you were able to still find your tools [:D] With all the piano pens I have been making, I am finding a new love of Blackwood. Great piece you got there.

Scott

Thanks guys! I really do need to get a photo setup so I can take a better picture. This pen is so much nicer than the picture.

The guy wanted it kind of plain and straight, but I couldn't resist puttin in that little "rise" off-center in the lower barrel. When I showed him the picture he likes it the way it is. I do have some other ideas a bit more wild cooking in my head, and hopefully will be able to show them in the next few weeks. Thanks for the comments!

Scott.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom