BLACK PALM

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from PenPal

PenPal

Like all Palm Tree timber a mass of roots,it is also hard as.

Peter.

Attachments

• DSCF9161.jpg
    DSCF9161.jpg
    193.2 KB · Views: 456
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Its funny, I like the challenge of turning Palm, and the result is well worth the effort. I have used it with other varieties from the Caribbean to great effect. Palm and Royal Poinciania are a great combination.

Beautiful pen Peter. Very vibrant.

WarEagle90

Peter, I had to look twice to see the pen ...... just kidding, it is quite stunning, but I worked a lot with metal growing up and my eyes instantly focused on the stand. It is very cool. Ok, back to the subject at hand, the black palm is gorgeous and I really like the cove just above the center band. Adds a lot of character. I assume this is a kit, but being new to this hobby, I don't recognize it. Do you mind sharing that information? This is the first time I've seen a pen where the wood fits in the nib like this one, or at least it looks that way. Anyway, a fine looking pen. Thanks for sharing.

PenPal

Peter, I had to look twice to see the pen ...... just kidding, it is quite stunning, but I worked a lot with metal growing up and my eyes instantly focused on the stand. It is very cool. Ok, back to the subject at hand, the black palm is gorgeous and I really like the cove just above the center band. Adds a lot of character. I assume this is a kit, but being new to this hobby, I don't recognize it. Do you mind sharing that information? This is the first time I've seen a pen where the wood fits in the nib like this one, or at least it looks that way. Anyway, a fine looking pen. Thanks for sharing.

One of the simplest of kits the Slimline I combine with a streamline centre band (I have bought large numbers of these kits and then found the centre band chokes or the kit turned to the skinny centre band leaves but a veneer of timber prone to splitting etc. Best these days to get the Streamline kit first up IMHO.

Reason for the economy purchases I am now in my 85th year and because I do not sell very often on my and my wifes old age pension feel I can indulge without breaking the bank and besides it is a greater challenge to me with the two pieces to vary the shapes etc.

My dearly beloved makes knitted layettes for new borns and new born dead babies for hospitals and huge bags of knitted Care Bears for the Red Cross and Ambulance so there is competition for our available dollars. Wilma my wife makes and sends birthday cards to one half of our congregations woman,cards,presents for our 50 YES 50 plus grand children and great grands both birthdays and Xmas plus all the adults making nearly 80 of our immediate family.

What with the activity going on,we need a fined down budget for most things. Luckily for us ie Wilma and me only two of our children live in our city of 420,000 people. In August we anticipate our first GGGrandchild coming from our 4th Daughter who has 16 G Children of her own. Hectic living but heaps of fun for us ,hope it is for you as well.

Kind regards Peter.

WarEagle90

Thanks for the info, Peter. Sounds like you and your dearly beloved do a lot of great work. And WOW what a big family. You are truly blessed.

OZturner

Beautiful Pen Peter, as Allways.
Magnificent Palm Blank, Expertly Turned, Fitted and Finished.
Obviously you and your Beloved Wilma, came from "Good Stock" and you certainly have passed it onto your Prodigies.
I would have to use a Name Tag system to remember all the Names, and who they belong too, and Who they should go home to.
Of interest, do any of your Off Springs and Grand Children do Wood turning?
Great Craftsmanship, Peter.
Regards,
Brian.

Top Bottom