"Black Friday" Special

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

greenacres2

Managed to pick up a Performax 16-32 for $500 today, with several rolls of abrasive and the Tuf-tool (along with a few Olive, Redheart and Yellowheart blanks). It was the only one in stock, and got to meet a great fellow woodworker in the process. He'd bought it at an auction several month ago, had only used it a few times and wanted the space back. Needs a new feed belt, but other than that it's good to go. Now...i have no excuse to keep me from starting to try segmented bowls & such. Just gotta do it!!
earl
Performax 16-32 11-2019.jpg

jttheclockman

Managed to pick up a Performax 16-32 for $500 today, with several rolls of abrasive and the Tuf-tool (along with a few Olive, Redheart and Yellowheart blanks). It was the only one in stock, and got to meet a great fellow woodworker in the process. He'd bought it at an auction several month ago, had only used it a few times and wanted the space back. Needs a new feed belt, but other than that it's good to go. Now...i have no excuse to keep me from starting to try segmented bowls & such. Just gotta do it!!
earl
View attachment 228665
That is the exact one I have Silicone lubricant for the height screw is important as well as get a new deck sanding belt. Make sure the setscrews are tight on the drum and motor coupler as well as the bearings they are known to come loose. You will know it because you can hear it as it turns louder. I buy rolls of sandpaper and cut my own lengths. Cheaper that way. Also do a level test to make sure the drum is sanding evenly. And most important rule, remember it is a sander and not a planer. Take small bites. One tool that gets a ton of use and never knew what I missed until I did not have one. Used to sand boards with a Half Sheet sander.

Top Bottom