Black fountain pen tip?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

magpens

@mikeschn
Do you mean the nib should be black ?

If you do, you should probably search the websites of the nib vendors ... eg. fpnibs.com (they do show a black nib prominently on the home page).

If you want a fountain pen with black hardware, those do exist also, and presumably could be fitted with a black nib if that is what you require.
As an example, I found this one on .... exoticblanks.com

mikeschn

@mikeschn
Do you mean the nib should be black ?

If you do, you should probably search the websites of the nib vendors ... eg. fpnibs.com (they do show a black nib prominently on the home page).

If you want a fountain pen with black hardware, those do exist also, and presumably could be fitted with a black nib if that is what you require.
As an example, I found this one on .... exoticblanks.com

Thanks Mal,

Yeah I was looking for black hardware and a black nib. The fpnibs.com site is a good find. Do you know of a nib website in the US?

Mike...

jalbert

Thanks Mal,

Yeah I was looking for black hardware and a black nib. The fpnibs.com site is a good find. Do you know of a nib website in the US?
There is not one. Jowo stopped manufacturing the black oxide nibs a while back, and the ones from fpnibs are custom plated.

Curly

Beaufort Ink have Black lacquered Bock nibs and you can get them with kit compatible housings. I have no idea how durable the finish is but you can ask them and they will give you an honest answer. You will still have to find the kits with black hardware though.

Disclaimer. My wife Marla makes and supplies blanks to Beaufort Ink.

mikeschn

Last edited:

Aurelius

You didn't say what the intended use was but, if you're ok with their logo on the nib, Franklin Cristoph has black Jowo nibs. Check them out here.

darrin1200

@jalbert, really, no one in the us? Hmmmm.... I guess I'll need to expand my horizons to gold and silver as well...
@darrin1200, I was looking for a steady supply, along with a web site, kinda like what eteska found! I'm just starting with FP's, so lots of info is good!
@eteska, that's a good find, added to my list! https://www.gouletpens.com/collections/replacement-nibs?offset=24 It seems to be in Virginia!
@Curly, thanks, interesting web site in the UK.
Mike...
Unfortunately, I have not found anywhere to get the Jowo Black Oxide nibs, without another PenMakers logo on it.
If you need black, you may have to look at either the Bock from Beaufort, or a Jowo custom plated by FPnibs.

Personally, I would not recommend using another pen makers logo on your pens. In the long run, it won't do you any good.

Top Bottom