Black Forest

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Hippie3180

Hippie3180

My first "in house" made blank that I'm happy with. Black with pops of olive green, copper and gold. Dark moody forest, with rays of light pouring through the trees onto the vivid green moss below.

IMG_3044.jpeg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jrista

Very nice, blank looks beautiful. Love the dark stretch with the golden glow at the back end of the pen.

I think the lighting itself (whatever illuminated your scene) may have been too "warm" to let the other colors show through. I can sorta see where the green would be, but if the illuminant is warm (i.e. 2700K light bulb or something), the green might not have enough of those wavelengths to reflect well. Any chance you could capture a photo with more neutral white light (i.e. 5500K?) Would like to see the "forest" through the pens!!

Last edited:

Hippie3180

Very nice, blank looks beautiful. Love the dark stretch with the golden glow at the back end of the pen.

I think the lighting itself (whatever illuminated your scene) may have been too "warm" to let the other colors show through. I can sorta see where the green would be, but if the illuminant is warm (i.e. 2700K light bulb or something), the green might not have enough of those wavelengths to reflect well. Any chance you could capture a photo with more neutral white light (i.e. 5500K?) Would like to see the "forest" through the pens!!
The light was natural light coming at an angle. The green is actually fairly sparse more prevalent in some areas. I think the next one I try I'll add a bit more.

I kept the exposure a little moody on purpose, next blank trial, more green.

Top Bottom