Black and white spiral feathers

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from skiprat

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Back to work tomorrow, so last one for a while.:frown:
A Gun Metal Jr something or other kit with ali/white/ali feathers arranged in 3 spirals. Although I finished it, it was completely not what I planned.:redface: I wasn't paying attention when I set up for my second set of cuts, so I just continued the 'mistake' settings till it was done.
What do you reckon, keeper or salvage the kit?:confused:

Attachments

• DSCF2210.JPG
    DSCF2210.JPG
    121.5 KB · Views: 328
  • DSCF2211.JPG
    DSCF2211.JPG
    143.8 KB · Views: 244
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

1080Wayne

Definitely one for the skip , from which I`m sure it will be re-incarnated at the appropriate time . I assume you can`t just rotate the body in the hardware to make the feathers match . To my eyes , a largish mis-match looks good , as long as the other side doesn`t have a tiny one .

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
. I assume you can`t just rotate the body in the hardware to make the feathers match . To my eyes , a largish mis-match looks good , as long as the other side doesn`t have a tiny one .

I agree with you Wayne.:redface: So I dismantled the cap and did it properly this time:biggrin: Luckily, as it's 3 start threads, it always lines up now with the three spirals. Of course, I should have done it properly the first time...:wink:

Hey Jeff P, with Butch and you coming back here to bust my chops, it reminds me that with friends like you guys, who needs enemas???. :tongue:
I think the pair of you should stop pratting about and start making pens again!!!:wink:

I also included some 'before' pics....:)

Attachments

• DSCF2213.JPG
    DSCF2213.JPG
    123.6 KB · Views: 133
  • DSCF2215.JPG
    DSCF2215.JPG
    127.3 KB · Views: 116
  • DSCF2206.JPG
    DSCF2206.JPG
    128.2 KB · Views: 150
  • DSCF2207.JPG
    DSCF2207.JPG
    180.1 KB · Views: 169
  • DSCF2208.JPG
    DSCF2208.JPG
    161.3 KB · Views: 132

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
I didn't think for a second that the "first" blanks were anything but what was intended. But, artists know what they want, and know what didn't work out.

Its also nice to get/see honest critique from others who you respect and have experience with what you are doing (on a technical and practical frame of reference). I can only admire this work! Even with its imperfections!

Still a wonderful work (the FIRST)!

Top Bottom