Bit the Bullet

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Seer

My wife Kristin and I have opened an ETSY shop Cabin Fever Creations to sell some of what we make. I have designed a website but to license it and everything else is more than we expected to spend so we hope to make enough through etsy to be able to open our own website. Stop by and take a peek and if you have any comments please message them to me I am open to improvements.
Thank You all
Jerry & Kristin

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Nice start, some good looking items. May I suggest something? It is NOT a criticism, just an offer to help you enhance your postings.

Add more photos, especially of the lidded boxes. More photos increases people stopping to look at your items, try to have 3-4 per item, or more, whenever possible. Show your lidded boxes with the lids off, show the threads and inside. It will help potential customers have a better view of what they are buying and make them more likely to buy it. Give a couple more angles of the pen blanks.

Your site is off to a good start, I wish you the best of success.

Seer

Nice start, some good looking items. May I suggest something? It is NOT a criticism, just an offer to help you enhance your postings.

Add more photos, especially of the lidded boxes. More photos increases people stopping to look at your items, try to have 3-4 per item, or more, whenever possible. Show your lidded boxes with the lids off, show the threads and inside. It will help potential customers have a better view of what they are buying and make them more likely to buy it. Give a couple more angles of the pen blanks.

Your site is off to a good start, I wish you the best of success.
Thank you I will do that for sure

Seer

How do the pens turn out where you see the flower design on the end but the length of the body is white or another color? I haven't turned anything like those so I am not visualizing how those look finished.
I have turned many of them and they are a little proud of the bushings but done correctly the ends should show the flower or it will create a ring around it which frames the pen

jrista

Welcome to Etsy! Its a good platform. I originally had plans to build my own web site as well, but again, the complexity of it all (not to mention the added tax management complexity) and other complications lead me to just sticking with Etsy.

FWIW, I also use something called CraftyBase to help me manage the business and manufacturing sides of the process. Its $39 a month, but, I think given what its done for me, the cost was well worth it. It automatically integrates with Etsy (and many other marketplace facilitators like Ebay, etc.) so any listing you create inside of Etsy will automatically be imported into CraftyBase. You can then do manufactures to consume any materials you used for those products, track COGS automatically, etc

(FWIW, I am not affiliated with CraftyBase in any way. Just think its a great product.)

Seer

Very nice shop! I need to get back into Polymer clay pens - especially with the canes you make - they're gorgeous!
This is a collection of canes I made.

Attachments

• pc canes 1.jpg
    pc canes 1.jpg
    304.3 KB · Views: 15

Seer

I have turned many of them and they are a little proud of the bushings but done correctly the ends should show the flower or it will create a ring around it which frames the pen
I answered you wrong earlier sorry. The canes are actually sliced thin on the ends to get the flower design and then those slices are placed on a tube with a very thin layer of polymer clay that is coating the pen tube. This is a finished pen blank in the pick. The canes them selves are not drilled and normally the white is actually translucent when you bake them to harden the clay. Tina Wissen runs an excellent Facebook group that helps people learn how to make Polymer Clay Pen Blanks and a couple videos on youtube as well.

Attachments

• MS00202.JPG
    MS00202.JPG
    130.6 KB · Views: 12
Top Bottom