Birthday Bash Members on Line Record

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Sounds like a GREAT idea!!

May want to ask Jeff WHEN the site is usually busiest, then schedule for that time. He will have stats.

fiferb

Just so you know, it's Superbowl Sunday on the 1st. (It's also my anniversary)

I recommend a time around early to mid-afternoon.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Read again, Bruce!!

Just so you know, it's Superbowl Sunday on the 1st. (It's also my anniversary)

I recommend a time around early to mid-afternoon.

Bruce,

That's a GREAT time for Cav's Potty suggestion. I don't know about the "most people on-line" though. Would they stop at the IAP on the way TO the john, or on the way BACK to the game???

Enquiring minds, you know!!!

DocStram

Great news ..... KeithKarl (the originator of this idea) has just agreed to run this event. It's not going to be a contest in the sense of one individual winning a prize ...... it's going to be a good old 60's kind of "group win" thing!

Jeff is about to "knight" Keith. We'll soon see Keith entering this discussion.

From what Jeff says, the highest usage time frame seems to be on Mondays from 11:00 AM - 1:00 AM EST. Even though it's SuperBowl Sunday .... I think we should stay with the 1st. (GO STEELERS!!)

As for Bruce's anniversary .... I thought I heard Sandy saying that she was treating herself to a Solo Anniversary Cruise. :confused::confused: At first I didn't understand what she meant .... but, now I think I get it. :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

DocStram

Another thing for Karl and us to think about. Once we get everybody logged on at the designated time .... what are we gonna do???? :confused::confused::confused:

One idea would be to start a thread where everybody logs on and says "Happy Birthday IAP" or something like that. Anybody have a better idea????

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
If we are set on Sunday, ask Jeff what time of day is best.

I agree with the Super Bowl thing, most will be home and near the TV. Is your internet connection close to the TV? What about the halftime break? Is Janet Jackson scheduled to disrobe again? Could we get her to paint IAP on one boob??

Just thoughts.

Last edited by a moderator:

melogic

I agree with the Super Bowl thing, most will be home and near the TV. Is your internet connection close to the TV? What about the halftime break? Is Janet Jackson scheduled to disrobe again? Could we get her to paint IAP on one boob??

Just thoughts.

Ed that is awesome! I can paint if someone can spell. :rolleyes::wink::rotfl::biggrin:

DocStram

Just thoughts.

Good idea about the half time break .. but, one big problem ... we're all in different time zones. That means we'll be seeing the half time break at different times. :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

From what Jeff tells me .... the busiest time for IAP is between 11 AM and 1:00 PM on Mondays. I think the SuperBowl starts at 6 PM.

With that in mind .... should we pick 1:00 as the sign on time???

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
IF WE say 1:00 - forum time, our members will have to realize WHAT time that is in THEIR time zone. Here in the Midwest, it will be NOON. I realize in Macon, Georgia, it WILL be 1:00. But, you may have to tell the Californians to "rise and shine" Sunday morning to LOG IN at TEN am.

Just a FWIW - 1 PM forum time is GREAT with me. I'll even come to the office so Dawn and I can participate!!

keithkarl2007

Hey guys ... I just saw a post from KeithKarl. He had a great idea. For the first day of the Bash ... we pick a time ... and have as many members as we can all online and in IAP at the same time. He says that the most at one time is 170. Maybe we could promote this as a kickoff to the Bash.

http://www.penturners.org/forum/showthread.php?p=782499#post782499

What are your thoughts?

Was wondering if it would be possible to pin point the 100th member to log on for a prize of some sort and if it made it up to 200 or even 300 prizes for them also

fiferb

Whatever is decided, this should be announced at least a week or two before the event takes place with a daily reminder for people to join in.

keithkarl2007

my thoughts were to open a thread wishing IAP a happy 5th Birthday, everyone would post as soon as they log on, from the thread we could see who was the 100th and maybe the 200th person to post and if possible have prizes for these. As i said before there are over 6500 members, how many do you think will log on for the Bash

NOTE: YOU COULD ONLY POST ONCE

We are one big family here in IAP, if you know other penturners personally remind them of this great event. So go on and spread the word

Last edited:

DocStram

Whatever is decided, this should be announced at least a week or two before the event takes place with a daily reminder for people to join in.

Yep ... we need to announce it early ... very early and then keep yakking it up and talking about it.

We still need a cool name for the mass sign on. Come on guys ... let's think of a cool name for it.

And ........ what do you think of Sir Keith's suggestion about a prize for the 100th person to sign on ... and the 200th or whatever?

DocStram

Hah! Here's an idea .....

Okay .. I just had my one good idea for the day. (I always try to have one good idea every day. Once I come up with the idea .... I'm done for the day. It works great ... especially when I get to the office and I have an idea like at 9 in the morning!! If I'm lucky ... I'm home by 9:15)

Here's the idea for the Bash Crew .... how about a little contest just among us. We each send our guess to Jeff as to how many people will actually sign on. The person with the closest answer wins a few blanks from each of the Bash Crew. What do you think?

melogic

Okay .. I just had my one good idea for the day. (I always try to have one good idea every day. Once I come up with the idea .... I'm done for the day. It works great ... especially when I get to the office and I have an idea like at 9 in the morning!! If I'm lucky ... I'm home by 9:15)

Here's the idea for the Bash Crew .... how about a little contest just among us. We each send our guess to Jeff as to how many people will actually sign on. The person with the closest answer wins a few blanks from each of the Bash Crew. What do you think?

Doc, You da man! :bananen_smilies051:I Like it! :bananen_smilies046::RockOn:

Also, what if we have a prize for the 5th person, 105th person, 205th and so on since this is the 5th Birthday Bash.

DocStram

Doc, You da man! :bananen_smilies051:I Like it! :bananen_smilies046::RockOn:

Also, what if we have a prize for the 5th person, 105th person, 205th and so on since this is the 5th Birthday Bash.

Hey yeah ... that's a cool idea ... going with the theme of "The Fifth" since it's our Fifth Year! What do you think, Sir Keith??? :biggrin:

melogic

OK!
So are we doing the thing with the Bash Crew as far as guessing how many people will log on at the same time? If so, do we just PM Jeff with our guess?

DocStram

OK!
So are we doing the thing with the Bash Crew as far as guessing how many people will log on at the same time? If so, do we just PM Jeff with our guess?

Let's find out if all the members of the Bash Crew want to play ....

should we say 3 nice blanks from each of you to me ... errrr .. I mean 3 blanks from each of us to the winner?

once I find out who all is in ... I'll talk with Jeff about holding our guesses.

Who's In???

Top Bottom