Birdseye scoop

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from shagnasty

shagnasty

Wanted to try out a new kit from PSI....

birdseyescoop004x.jpg

birdseyescoop006x.jpg

birdseyescoop008x.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

W.Y.

Very nice.
Beautiful piece of birdseye .

What don't you like about the PSI scoop . ? It looks quite nice .
I have made lots of scoops by using the chrome plated hardware part from the plastic handled ones from the dollar store . They are good fast sellers for seven or eight dollars but I have thought of trying some of the better hardware like you have shown to test the market to see if I can sell a few upgrade ones like yours. .
Do you have a link to the PSI one (to save me and others from doing a search) :)

shagnasty

Heres the link... http://www.pennstateind.com/store/PKISCOOP.html

I dont care for the orange peel finish on the inside of the scoop and its just not as heavy and nice as the ones Rockler sells. They're basically around the same price, so like I said, I might just stick with the Rockler version and throw in some of my own hardware if I want some variety.

Your mileage may vary, but thats what I found. Thanks for the comments....... You guys should check out that new pizza cutter rockler has......seriously heavy duty.

Larry

W.Y.

Heres the link... http://www.pennstateind.com/store/PKISCOOP.html

I dont care for the orange peel finish on the inside of the scoop and its just not as heavy and nice as the ones Rockler sells. They're basically around the same price, so like I said, I might just stick with the Rockler version and throw in some of my own hardware if I want some variety.

Your mileage may vary, but thats what I found. Thanks for the comments....... You guys should check out that new pizza cutter rockler has......seriously heavy duty.

Larry

Thanks for the link and also for pointing out the differences.

W.Y.

I am also anxious to see the ones from WalMart and I will also check there next time I am in the city.
Although these ones from the dollar store don't look near as nice as the ten dollar ones from PSI etc , they do sell real good and it is practically all profit .
I will be making more for the fall sales because I am out of them again.

382275547.jpg

Bellsy

I dont care for the orange peel finish on the inside of the scoop ..............

Just a guess Larry, but I believe the orange peel effect is to make it easier to remove the ice cream. Otherwise it has the same effect as getting stuck in the mud with rubber boots on your feet....;)

Dave

shagnasty

Very cool Bob.....nice job. Dave, I thought the same thing, but then I thought maybe the outside would match? Or the Rockler version would match? Guess Im being too picky or something, :confused: but it just seems like it didn't get polished.

Oh well.....no biggy. Theyre still fun to make.

LArry

Robert Taylor

wal-mart ice cream scoops

was gone all day yesterday. here is a pic of ice cream scoops. the two on the ends are wal-mart scoops. the brass one is from rockler.

Attachments

• IMG_7471.jpg
    IMG_7471.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 130
Top Bottom