Status
Not open for further replies.

Doghouse

2006522145154_birdpic.jpg

Sorry, figured everyone might need to get the blood moving on monday

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Does anyone know what those flamingoes are supposed to be used for?

Some time ago, I thought they were a travelling party (or something like that). One of my employees received 52 of them on his front yard-he didn't "get" it. No one is fessing up.

Any help????

(remember those of us in "fly over country" ain't as hip as y'all on the coasts!!)

airrat

There was a joke years ago about planting a ton of flamingos in someone's yard. Somewhat like toilet papering it. Wish I could remember the site that talked about it.

jthompson1995

My mother used to run a fundraiser for her youth group where you could pay like $2 a flamingo to have them planted on someones yard. They also sold "insurance" to make sure they were not planted in your yard. Usually they would do it the night before or real early in the morning on April 1. They always left a note saying who had done it and that is was a fundraiser for the youth at the church. After about a week they would go back and take them down, or would do it sooner if the person gave them a donation. Usually did pretty good to raise money, too.

JT

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Originally posted by jthompson1995
<br />My mother used to run a fundraiser for her youth group where you could pay like $2 a flamingo to have them planted on someones yard. They also sold "insurance" to make sure they were not planted in your yard. Usually they would do it the night before or real early in the morning on April 1. They always left a note saying who had done it and that is was a fundraiser for the youth at the church. After about a week they would go back and take them down, or would do it sooner if the person gave them a donation. Usually did pretty good to raise money, too.

JT
This sounds feasible, but there was NO note, and they came back 2 days later and picked them up, still with no idea what was the "gag". Of course, flocks of flamingoes land frequently in Wisconsin, so we don't get it!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom