BINKS Used Pressure Pot Value

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

HamTurns

Hello All -

I had a person from a woodshop contact me about selling me their used BINKS paint pot. They are moving away from finishing in house and knew that I was getting into casting and may be able to use it.

I'm just getting into casting and have seen a few mentions of the HF pots having trouble. What happended to those HF pots?

Well anyway, how much is a used 2.5 gallon BINKS paint pot worth? How much should I pay if I want to buy it?

I have not seen the BINKS pot, but the owner said they have used it all the time until about a week ago. So the seal still seals.

Your help and experience is appreciated.

Thanks
Tom

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

HamTurns

Is $125 a fair price for a used Binks paint pot?

The fellow trying to sell this paint pot called me back and said this is what they decided they need out of it.

It's more than the HF pot, but is it worth $125?

Thanks
Tom

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
Is $125 a fair price for a used Binks paint pot?

The fellow trying to sell this paint pot called me back and said this is what they decided they need out of it.

It's more than the HF pot, but is it worth $125?

Thanks
Tom

I would pay $125 in a heartbeat. The comparison between a HF pot and a Binks pot is like the difference between a bic pen and Majestic!

parawood

Binks vs Others

The Binks can take more pressure then the other (cheaper) pots. Some of the cheaper pots have been known to go BOOM! whens pressures were probably exceeded.

I think $125 is a fair price if it is in good condition.

Karl

Kretzky

Not to hijack this thread but I'm just wondering, how do you tell a good one from a not so good one? Is it ANSI/ ASME codes & pressure ratings etc. because there are paint pots out there from $100 to $600 for what (on the face of it) seems to be the same thing.

Top Bottom