See more from Easysport

Status
Not open for further replies.

Easysport

Turns real nice. Great Wood.

2005113033536_DSCF0001.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JimGo

Actually, just crop the picture to only show the pen. That will allow you to increase the picture size without increasing the file size. I love Lignum Vitae, and that looks like a great example of why I like it!

alamocdc

Nope, still too small, but it looks like you did a good job from what I can tell. I love this stuff as well! I've yet to put a finish on one. Just polish it out w/MM, Ren Wax it and it's good to go. When my TSW comes in I'll be adding that, though. [;)]

JimGo

That's closer Gary, but too grainy now!!! [:)]. Easy, that's the size it should be, and with the original pic, you should be able to blow it up and have it look pretty good.

Gary Max

I just moved it to a file-----increased the size by 4---saved that to a file ----and came back and reposted it. It is so gainy because there was not enough megs in the pic to begin with. There are folks here that can do a whole lot more to a pic than I can.

ldimick

Lignum Vitae is a dream to turn. Very consistent. Nice pen.

The night after I turned my last one it rained and the turnings all turned a very interesting color of green except for those that were under a rag. Now I am getting some blue tints in the finished pen.

BigRob777

Dave,
I love this wood too. I'm almost out of it unfortunately. I turned a BOW, which I am getting ready to post and they seem quite similar. Is the kit a comfort grip? The Lig. Vit. has such an incredible smell too. It looks like there is some green fleck in this one. The coloration of this wood is odd. The ends are all green, once they are exposed to the air for a while. I wonder if the wood turns greener with time too. I just read your post Lynn, maybe it is humidity.

Anyway, it does look like you did a nice job with this. Everyone's system seems to be different. When I save a picture, after cropping it, I can set the size and resolution. Thanks for the plug.[:D]
Rob

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom