Bigleaf maple burl spalted pen blanks from Rocky....#8

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

rockb

Hi Guys, here's a batch of really pretty bigleaf maple burl pen blanks to look over....better yet, buy 'em. : ) They all came from a nice spalted log that was covered with cluster burls. Cluster burls grow on the trunk of the tree vs. root burls in the ground. They often have swirling/crooked grain patterns because the burl is smaller, making more pronounced curves. Most measure 3/4 x 3/4 but a few might be just a hair under 3/4"......that's why I added the 5/8" in my descriptions.

MP32, $22.50 + $5.00 to ship = $27.50 total. Bigleaf maple burl pen blanks. Six pieces, dimensions in the pics. These are cluster burl that grow on the trunk of the tree...compared to root burl at the base of the tree. Misted pics show two sides. Note some really nice spalting in these.

mp32a.jpg

mp32b.jpg

MP33, $22.50 + $5.00 to ship = $27.50 total. Bigleaf maple burl pen blanks. Six pieces, dimensions in the pics. These are cluster burl that grow on the trunk of the tree...compared to root burl at the base of the tree. Misted pic shows one side. Note some really nice spalting in these.

mp33a.jpg

MP35, $22.50 + $5.00 to ship = $27.50 total. Bigleaf maple burl pen blanks. Six pieces, dimensions in the pics. These are cluster burl that grow on the trunk of the tree...compared to root burl at the base of the tree. Misted pics show two sides. Note some really nice spalting in these.

mp35a.jpg

mp35b.jpg

MP36, $22.50 + $5.00 to ship = $27.50 total. Bigleaf maple burl pen blanks. Six pieces, dimensions in the pics. These are cluster burl that grow on the trunk of the tree...compared to root burl at the base of the tree. Misted pics show two sides. Note some really nice spalting in these.

mp36a.jpg

mp36b.jpg

That's all of 'em guys......if you'd like some please claim in the thread and I'll PM you with details. Thank you all who buy my blanks. : )

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Top Bottom