Biggest bowl I've ever made

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from jtate

jtate

Okay so it's not huge but for a little Jet mini-lathe it's still something.
Cherry from a crotch of the tree that was behind the townhouse where I live. I got lucky and saw the tree trimmers as they were taking this tree down. I begged and they cut me some pieces for turning. Other pieces were going to a smoke-house! Hurts my soul to think of these being burned.

Diameter 6.5 inches, Height 4.5 inches

DSCN9602.jpg

DSCN9600.jpg

DSCN9546.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

IPD_Mrs

Spectacular. I am just getting ready to start turning bowls. I hope I will be able to produce something that nice at some point!

[:X]

Firefyter-emt

That is very nice indeed! I love it, it all comes togather to form a great shape and style. Is it as light as it looks or does it have more heft than you would think from looking at it? If it is as light as it appears, you nailed it 100%

jtate

Thank you, everyone. It is a light thing - I'm particularly happy to say that I got the walls quite thin.

There's a woodturner's symposium this weekend and I got really brave and put this bowl in the Instant Gallery to let it be seen by others. I stood back and watched - lots of people stopped and picked it up and held it. It kind of cries out to be held.

I have more of this cherry so you can expect to see a few more pices from it.

Top Bottom