Big Walnut

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Gary Max

Gary Max

Thought you folks might enjoy this pic. I could not lift this walnut blank onto the lathe--- my homemade cherry picker can in handy.

2008430354_bigwalnut.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Gary Max

Just to be honest with all you good folks----this one is already done. The pic you see is over a week old. I am guessing she weighed in at about 300 lbs and was about 24 inchs long. She is one of the last big blocks that I am wanting to use up.
We are packing for a show and I need to get some more bargain boxs listed but I will try and get you a pic later today.

Gary Max

Ok here we go----Yup it got smaller when the Big Boom happened and I lost the real nice bent folded rim.
The base is to thick-----she stands 20 inchs tall---notice the gallon jug I used for scale. I am going to build a new loooong tool rest when I get a chance. There are 4 white (sapwood) panels that really add to the vase.

200843172047_unwalnutvase.jpg

Draken

What lathe is that? Looks like a Powermatic from the color, but the blue on the extension is unusual. Nice looking vase, sorry to hear you lost the rim on it. I like the sap wood patches in it. Put a water proof finish on it and it would make a nice umbrella holder for just inside the front door of someone's house.

Top Bottom