Big jigs

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

sorcerertd

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

monophoto

Interesting, but my first reaction is to ask if this video raises a potential safety issue. I'm not sure I would want to hold both ends of a chain saw while standing behind the chain like this shows.

leehljp

Member Liaison
Louie, That is the same process of a chainsaw mill, sometimes referred to as an Alaska saw mill or something like that. Widely used and a multitude of variations offered on Amazon - although the handles are often in different places for different ones. I have one myself.

monophoto

Hank - The chain saw mills I have seen either are operated by one person standing at the end, or by two people at opposite ends. What concerns me with this video is the operator standing behind the chain - hopefully, the mill will won't tip, and the hefty bar across the top will serve as protection. But if the mill tips forward as it is being pushed, there is nothing to protect the operator from the blade.

sorcerertd

I'm not about to rush out and do this, but I have noted to stand on the other side if I do.

The tenons and lattice are really well done. This isn't his first rodeo for sure.

Top Bottom