Big Game Series.....

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from rd_ab_penman

rd_ab_penman

Bolt Actions with Caribou, Elk, Moose, Big Horn Ram, Mule and Whitetail bucks along with some
Black and Grizzly Bear and Wild Boar.
All done using Testors Waterslide Decal Paper on Curly Maple and finished with several coats of
MINWAX Clear Satin Polyurethane using my Dipping Method

Les

DSC06406.JPG
DSC06407.JPG

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
I do admire high-end turners who have awesome displays for their shows, and I regard you as one of the best who shares his/her work. It is inspiring for me as one who usually tackles a single pen design, and often never makes it again.

This grouping is wonderful. As a set of individual animals, I suspect those that hunt or simply admire wildlife will be very interested in those that they have had experience with.

But, I think you are neglecting entire markets! Big game fishing, birds of prey, varieties of rodents, types of cheeses, the list is endless... (maybe too much coffee today for me).

Well done! I love your work.

Lucky2

But Mark, the problem with most of what you've listed, is that there's no antler's to work with. What I'd really like to see a pen made out of, is a set of Jackalope antlers. Les has been doing this for years, and he has a pretty good following. I would dearly love, to be able to make and sell the amount of pens and other items he sells. Plus, I doubt that many of the people he sells to, would have little to no use for pens made out of what you suggest. And, as it is, Les probably already is busy enough, trying to keep his current selling stock replenished. So yeah, he might be missing out on some sales, but I personally think, that he already has all of the sales he needs without expanding his choice of items. Maybe not though, maybe if he reads these two postings of ours he might let us know?

Len

Lucky2

Okay, so he turns some bone material also, but still, most of what Mark had mentioned. Doesn't have bones, or bones large enough to make rings out of. And I still contribute Mark's comments, were brought on by the lack of coffee... :D Besides, can you imagine what a ring made of cheese would smell like???:rolleyes:

Len

Top Bottom