Big Cheer to RandB Crafts

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Mart

Gotta say a big thanks to R and B crafts in Jacksonville. I ordered trustone from them and when it came to the shipping charges, it was expensive because i'm in Canada and well, UPS is really bad for shipping, brokerage fees, and mysterious extra charges. But I had to just bite the bullet because this trustone is for a custom order.
Well, a short while after ordering I got Email from paypal about a refund. didn't have time to look into why.
However, the trustone just arrived and came by Fedex! So RAndB Craft not only saved me money but the shipment arrived much faster than UPS ever has from anywhere I've ever ordered, even from within Canada.
Great people at R and B, also really nice product! Oh and of course, Wife saw the red trustone with gold web...gonna have to place another order but this time I'll make it a good one.
thanks RAndB Crafts!
mart

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jjjaworski

They have always been very good whenever I ordered anything from them.

Good to hear they helped you out since shipping to Canada from the US has gotten so crazy as far as expense and time.

DavidD

They've done something similar for me! Certainly never had that experience with any other parts/supplies vendor. Big cheer!

magpens

This is GREAT TO HEAR !!!

Living in Canada ......

...... buying from US vendors ......

...... I know all about the charges ......

...... the mysterious charges that can sometimes appear ...... even when the vendor tries to do their very best to help us out ......

...... THIS kind of story is GREAT TO HEAR !!!!

Mart

I have to admit it motivates me to go back for more. I realize that vendors do the best they can and more often than not they're bound by whatever rules the shippers have. But unfortunately, I don't think I can continue to purchase from vendors who have to ship internationally by ups. I'm done with ups.
I recently ordered a nib to make my wife a pen. The vendor is a good one with a good reputation for quality nibs but they're overseas. I knew it would cost a lot after converting from euros to CDN but I figured it's for a special gift.
The nib costs 30 euros but the shipping costs 30 euros, too. So now i'm Up to $90 cdn. Still, it's a special nib so ok.
But that's not the end of it..I got email from ups that there's import fees:
Taxes
"Other government charges"
UPS brokerage charges
Brokerage fee
Tax on brokerage fees
That was the last straw and unfortunately this will have to be the last time I order from them. It's too bad but I can't keep that up and I think that's an example where government and shippers can kill small businesses.

Brandy

I agree! I ordered something from them and accidently ordered it twice. With-in 5 minutes Richard emailed me to confirm what I wanted. I will definitely be going back to them if I can

edicehouse

A few years ago, when I was visiting my grandmother in Jacksonville I tried to meet up with them. Unfortunately they were on vacation, and it was a "Hey I am here this weekend, want to get a bite?" sort of deal. Maybe next time.

Top Bottom