Between Centers

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

montmill

I've been using Pen State's between center mandrel system. https://www.pennstateind.com/store/PKMBCM2.html

It's worked ok until lately both rods that go into the bushings have developed ridges and burrs that make getting the bushing off. It's almost like the metal or plating used isn't strong enough. I'm curious is others have had this problem?

I've gone back to a 90 degree drive and live center and it works fine. I thought perhaps the rod going into the bushing might provide more support, not become a problem.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

hooked

I have found that placing a 1/4 nylon flat washer on the "mandrel" prevents the bushings from getting stuck. I had problems with bushings getting stuck and saw this solution.

KenB259

I have been using them since they came out. I also use nylon bushings on them and I have had zero issues.

magpens

I haven't noticed any problem...yet. But I think Ed at Exotic Blanks sends the nylon bushings with his...??

Gary, do you mean this mandrel sold by Exotic Blanks ?

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
I think it is this one, Mal

I would suggest a LITTLE dry grease on the rods.

And yes, Mark Dreyer and I came up with the nylon bushing idea and Exotics does include them with this part, automatically.

Last edited:

RGVPens

Gary, do you mean this mandrel sold by Exotic Blanks ?

👆 I use the one Ed is talking about.

magpens

RGVPens said :-
I use the one Ed is talking about.

**** OK, Gary . . . so that is actually the PSI system . . .

**** I thought that you were referring to one that Ed of Exotic Blanks designed and sells as "his own".
. . . as I thought you implied in Post #4 above . . . . by your use of the word "his" . . . .

RGVPens said :-
I haven't noticed any problem...yet. But I think Ed at Exotic Blanks sends the nylon bushings with "his"...??

Last edited:
Top Bottom