Best Signature Contest - THE WINNERS!!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Scott

BEST SIGNATURE LINE CONTEST â€" THE WINNERS!!!

This was a very close vote! But after all the votes were in and tallied (there were no hanging chads!), here are the winners:

First Place

Pikebite - My greatest fear is when I die my wife will sell my wood for what I told her I paid for it. Nominated by edman2.

Pikebite wins whole burl to pen blanks from n4631x (Nolan). And edman2 wins a set of rifle cartridges for slimlines. 308 and 30-06 in brass and nickel. One each from Sylvanite

Second Place

Wudnhed - I used to have a handle on life but it broke off!!!! Nominated by melogic.

Wudnhed wins a $25.00 Gift Certificate Monty. And melogic wins a Flat rate box full of walnut, bowl and pen blanks, from Victor Lewandowski at Landfilllumber

Third Place

DocStram - Sometimes when I'm turning, I wonder "Why is that pen blank growing bigger?" and then it hits me. Nominated by thewishman.

DocStram wins a $50.00 assortment of stopper blanks of Dale's choice Dale
Brobst (dale the burl guy). And thewishman wins a $10.00 Gift Certificate Clay Johnson.

*****CONGRATULATIONS*****

Note: All winners need to go to Andrew Jordan's profile and email him with:

1. Name and of the contest you won, what place your entry won, and whether you were the author or the nominator.
2. Your mailing address and
3. Phone number.

I would like to remind each winner that the gift you will be receiving has been donated by a supporter of the IAP. Please take a minute to email a note of appreciation when you receive your prize. Thanks.

Listed below are all the nominated entries for the Best Signature Line Contest this year.

A) DocStram - Sometimes when I'm turning, I wonder "Why is that pen blank growing bigger?" and then it hits me.

B) Rudy Vey - 'If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.'

C) Wdcav1952 - "All morons hate it when you call them a moron." J. D. Salinger

D) Gary Max - "I may be broke---but we have plenty of wood"

E) karlkuehn - "I'd kill for a Nobel Peace Prize." - Stephen Wright

F) Mudder - Consistency is a good thing....Unless you're consistently a moron.

G) Monty - If a tree falls in the forest and no one's around to hear it, who cuts it up for pen blanks?

H) thewishman - I would give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

I) Pikebite - My greatest fear is when I die my wife will sell my wood for what I told her I paid for it.

J) Wudnhed - I used to have a handle on life but it broke off!!!!

We hope you enjoyed this contest. If you want to show your appreciation for contests like this, the Birthday Bash, and the IAP, please consider donating to the site, so that we can continue to provide you with the best penturning site on the Internet!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

DocStram

I laugh every time I read over that list of quotes. Thanks to thewishman for nominating me. I may have just won the greatest third place prize ever to be awarded ...... I'm a BIG FAN of Dale the Burl Guy's stoppers! Whooo Hoooo!!

However, you should have seen the look on wifey's face the other day when I read Pikebite's quote to her. "My greatest fear is when I die my wife will sell my wood for what I told her I paid for it."

My wife just looked at me . . . she wasn't amused. :(:(:D

rherrell

Originally posted by DocStram

I laugh every time I read over that list of quotes. Thanks to thewishman for nominating me. I may have just won the greatest third place prize ever to be awarded ...... I'm a BIG FAN of Dale the Burl Guy's stoppers! Whooo Hoooo!!

However, you should have seen the look on wifey's face the other day when I read Pikebite's quote to her. "My greatest fear is when I die my wife will sell my wood for what I told her I paid for it."

I thought the EXACT same thing when I won my third place. I got the pen blanks from Dale instead of the stoppers. CAN"T WAIT!

Rojo22

Local Chapter Leader
DocStram WON something.....hold on i am Googling to see what the other 3 signs of the apocalypse are.....better hurry and turn those blanks...the end is near....

edman2

Local Chapter Leader
Originally posted by DocStram
[

Hey Doc,
You're an educated man - why is it that women have no sense of humor?:D[}:)];)
Thanks to all who voted for Pikebite. I've read it a hundred times and it's still funny.:D

wudnhed

WOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOO I won something else......I'm in the yard yelling dogs are jumping we're having a party!!!!!!!!

Thanks Melogic (Mark Lynch) for the nomination. I never dreamed I would win something!!!

thewishman

Wow - nominating a clever man's line wins me a prize? Is this a great country or what?!

Congrats to all - especially "Classic" Doc (or is that New Doc, or was it Doc II, or the New Old Doc...).

Chris

DocStram

Originally posted by thewishman

Wow - nominating a clever man's line wins me a prize? Is this a great country or what?!

Congrats to all - especially "Classic" Doc (or is that New Doc, or was it Doc II, or the New Old Doc...).

Chris

Chris ... thank you so much for nominating my signature line. I really appreciate it!! :D

melogic

I feel kinda like Becca (Wudnhed).............I won something!!!!!!!!!!!!! [:0][:0][:0]

You are welcome Becca!!!! I did not pay attention to the rules, I didn't know I had a chance at winning something too.

Congratulations to everyone that won and everyone that entered!! ;)[^]:D:)[:p]

Scott

Originally posted by melogic

I did not pay attention to the rules, I didn't know I had a chance at winning something too.

Hi Mark!

I was pretty quiet about the concept of the nominators winning a prize! But we awarded prizes to the nominators for the Article contest early in the month, so I thought the clue would be out there. I have to admit it is fun to surprise people sometimes! [:p]

Scott.

Top Bottom