Best Rollerball kits

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Jonkou

Learned a lot from this site and admire lots of the work seen here. Want to make more rollerballs and looking on numerous pen kit sites but getting dizzy trying to sort out the best kits from the junk, same pen different name, some sites provide very little detail, etc. it's maddening. Wasted too much time already buying junk kits. My question is this... cost not being a factor, what are the best overall quality rollerball kits by name and where to get them??? Thanks in advance your help.

82C807B0-80F0-4745-B1C4-E9DA6E1C2602.jpeg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

magpens

If you want a two-barrel pen, then my recommendation is the Jr. Emperor rollerball pen kit, available at ExoticBlanks.com :

I like the styling and appearance of the Jr. Emperor much better than the pen that you show above, which I think is the Jr. Majestic.
You might also consider the Jr. Statesman and the Jr. Imperial (if it is still available). . There is also a Jr. Lotus.
The Dayacom website may have a few others but it is not a particularly easy site to search and you would not want to buy direct from Dayacom because they have a minimum order quantity (MOQ) of 100 or maybe even more.

If you want a single-barrel pen, then I have two suggestions.

The Electra (screw cap) : https://www.exoticblanks.com/electra-rollerball-pen-kit-gold-and-chrome.html

The Zen (magnetic cap) : https://www.exoticblanks.com/zen-rollerball-pen-kit-chrome.html

Other plating options are available.

All of the suggestions above are quality kits, in my opinion.

With regard to the Electra, rather than putting a 0.3 degree taper on the barrel by turning bushing-to-bushing, I recommend that you do the barrel perfectly straight (sized to the larger of the two bushings at the nib end). . This results in improved appearance and easier turning.

EDIT: . I nearly forgot. . In the intermediate price range, consider the Jr. Antony (sometimes spelled Anthony) and the Jr. Aaron - both 2 barrel.
I think ExoticBlanks has both of these. . Could also try .... www.beartoothwoods.com .... or .... www.turnerswarehouse.com ....

Last edited:

socdad

Mal's list was pretty complete. I would add a Full Size Statesman, available at Exotic Blanks & Craft Supplies USA (as a Artisan Statesman)

Chasper

As a pen seller, I'm am overwhelmingly influenced by the sales data. Assuming quality is consistently good, then the best rollerballs are the best sellers and for me that means the pen must be posting, it must have an ergonomic grip and if it is a fountain pen it must use a #6 nib. In my opinion the best rollerballs are Jr Aaron, Jr Anthony, and if you want less bling Jr George. You said cost if not a factor, so I am not including cost, but my list of best pens are lower priced than Jr Majestic or Jr Emperor, and you can get them at Exotic Blanks.

Top Bottom