Best Library Article of 2009

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

VisExp

Ok, as I'm new to this any guidance would be appreciated :)

Rules:

• Any article that was submitted and placed in the library in 2009 will be eligible. Those articles that are eligible are listed in this thread Articles 2009
  • I will start a thread for Article nominations when the Birthday Bash starts.
  • At the beginning of the final week of the Birthday Bash I will set up a poll with all the articles that have been nominated. Members will then be able to vote on the Articles to determine the Best Library Article of 2009
Questions:

• I have not set up a poll before. Where do I go to find out how to do it? How many choices can be made per poll?
  • How many prizes will there be? First, second and third or just First?
  • What will the prizes be?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

VisExp

Forgot to add that two of the Articles in the eligible thread are by me. Do I need to disqualify those? I don't want to be accused of any conflict of interests or anything like that. What do you think?

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
Keith,

To be on the safe side, you might choose to disqualify your articles. Generally, anyone who runs a contest is not eligible to participate.

As far as the rules for the contest, that looks good. Setting up polls is relatively easy, but I don't know off hand how many selections one poll can handle. I've only done one or two polls and it has been quite some time since then, so hopfully someone else can provide some guidance on that.

I like the idea of first second and third for prizes. Prizes are Andrew's baby so let's hope he chimes in on this one.

maxwell_smart007

Lead Moderator
Staff member
middle of nowhere in the great, white North
All I've been doing is finding prizes, Cav. Becca was the one who assigned them to contests for the last few years.

I think she's out of it this year though, isn't she? If that's the case, we'll either have to have someone else do it, or I can when I'm done trying to contact the stragglers! :)

Andrew

Top Bottom